General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No turn signals.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No turn signals.....

As the title states... My WS6 has been sitting for about 6 months,I start it once a week and take it for a short drive once a month or so.. However my last trip I lost useage of my blinkers.. changed fuses... bulbs and still nothing Im thinking it maybe the coloum switch.. how hard is it to get at do you have to remove the wheel? I have plenty of tools but I dont wana screw with the airbag... Any I deas? My hazards work fine...

Last edited by CTSmechanic; 11-11-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i doubt that it is the switch.. my guess is that the bulb that you bought has either been dropped or just a defect from factory. Go an get another bulb and try it again, make sure the lights are still plugged in LOL. When you turn the blinker on does the lil green arrow light up and just stay on in your dash?
Old 11-12-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Resident

There's no green arrows I know they go solid if ones burnt out and my hazards work fine...
Old 11-12-2006, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. MY SITUATION WAS THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS MY REAR TAILIGHTS THAT HAD A BULB THAT WAS OUT BUT IT TURNS OUT THAT IT WAS MY FRONT RIGHT SIGNAL LIGHT THAT I HAD TO CHANGE...FELT KIND OF STUPID BECAUSE I HAD TAKEN BOTH REAR TAILIGHTS APART AND COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM AND I AS ALSO THINKING IT WAS SOMETHING ELECTRICAL OR SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY TURN SIGNAL SWITCH...
Old 11-13-2006, 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car is doing the same thing, no blinkers, no green arrows, just hazards... i cant see how it could be the bulbs if the blinker/hazard bulbs are the same, im going to change the blinker switch under the steering wheel. fuse blows every time its changed too.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well this is a weird prob., you said you checked the fuses and that they were fine? that just doesn't make sense... , the green arrows in the dash should atleast come on.. weird problem indeed. What would happen if you didn't get a high enough amp fuse would that cause this? This could be the problem. Im trying to find a solution to this prob. but everything is there for it to work, new bulb and new fuse the thing should be working.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had my turn signals not work, the lights on the dash just stayed solid green and the bulbs outside came on. 6 bucks later they worked, it was the flasher module.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the exact same problem as well, nothing but hazards. It was the column switch. The contacts were worn. I brought it to an auto electric place and they rebuilt the switch for $75. I think a new switch is into the hundreds of dollars (my '67 Mustang was $395).
Old 11-15-2006, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Anytime I've ever had a blinker problem I simply cleaned the connector where the bulb is inserted. Corrosion will cause the car to do some strange things. If that doesn't work I have no clue.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Resident

Hmmm... well I guess its time to get rid of the car..... I 'll figure it out... Maybe its my cars way of getting back at me it has been sitting for 7 months... its seriously pissed.. thanks for the imput guys....
Old 11-19-2006, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

My drivers side started acting up a few months back. I replaced both the bulbs. About a week later it quit working again..bulb was good. Then all of a sudden they have been working for the last month in a half. Great I think I just jinxed myself