Suspension & Brakes - Kooks long tubes and lowered??

View Full Version : Kooks long tubes and lowered??

03 BUSA
11-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Anyone having a problem with running kooks on a lowered car. Thanks guys.

UMI Performance
11-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Hello,

I have found the Kooks sytem to be one of the tigthest fitting set-ups available. I have ran Kooks long tubes and y-pipe on my last two cars. The fit was good and the y-pipe tucks up tighter then factory. Here is a picture of a Kooks LT/Y-pipe set-up- http://www.umiperformance.com/images/2004b.jpg

03 BUSA
11-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks Ryan, that car looks very clean and well put together.

SOMSS
11-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Kooks are the best, just look how tight mine are with cats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/SOMSS/06buildup/DSCN1714.jpg

NiCks Ws6
11-13-2006, 04:04 AM
man that is tight fighting. i just changed my mind from QTP's to Kooks last weeks. this just makes it that more easier of a decesion. also why are your headers red? looks badass.

SRZ
11-13-2006, 04:15 AM
I've got Flp's and thinking of switching but not sure yet the FLP's tuck under nicely as well. My question w/ the kooks is when you have to drop the y-pipe do you have to drop the catback 1st? That's the one thing I like about the flp's is the v-band clamps but I could incorporate that to the Kooks if need be if in case you do have to drop the catback 1st in order to pull the y-pipe off. Wish Kooks had the ORP/cat option.

chupr0kabra
11-13-2006, 11:20 AM
My Pacesetters aren't a problem at all. In most cases, you will find the y-pipe is what makes the difference for ground clearance. Note that in the pic Ryan posted and the pic SOM SS posted the y-pipe uses oval/flattened pipes for better clearance. My y-pipe scrapes on everything, but the pipes are all round (well, they WERE round. Now they're sort of round with scrape marks on them).

A good, custom-fitted y-pipe should give you plenty of clearance. Even with cats.

-Mike

HeapaShifter
11-13-2006, 05:43 PM
The Kooks headers and y-pipe are probably the best tucking headers you can buy and I daily drive mine with Eibach Sportline springs.

SpdFrk1990
11-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Hello,

I have found the Kooks sytem to be one of the tigthest fitting set-ups available. I have ran Kooks long tubes and y-pipe on my last two cars. The fit was good and the y-pipe tucks up tighter then factory. Here is a picture of a Kooks LT/Y-pipe set-up- http://www.umiperformance.com/images/2004b.jpg

That looks awsome what kind of sfc setup is that looks tough!

C_Rules
11-15-2006, 12:41 PM
yeah but how many of you guys daily drive that setup in a city full of potholes like new york?

RUDE SS
11-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Have u been to California? The roads here are shitty. With my setup I mabe scrap on a mountain speed bump every so often. Daily driving is fine never worry. I sometimes forget my cars lowered. Kooks are just great.

chupr0kabra
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
The roads suck everywhere. Between inclined driveways, potholes, speed bumps, gravel, and construction debris, everywhere has its share of problems. When you lower your car, you either have to make the decision to live with scraping or alter your driving habits. When I'm in my daily driver, there are lots of times when I think 'Well, I know I can never drive my Camaro down THIS road.'

-Mike