Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Help

Ok Iam Getting My Stall And Trans Put In What Should I Get On My Trans To Make It Better Like Shift Kit,etc.
Iam Still Learning Thanks!
Its Being Rebuilt I Have A 4l60e (ls1 Camaro) 2002
Old 11-12-2006, 12:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,,,, the folks working on it should be making those recommendations based on conversation with you. A very in depth conversation should take place before any bolts are turned. The person doing the work should be asking the questions as much as you!

Why do you need a converter in the 1st place?
Was it matched to your cam, gear and tire size?
What condition is your trans in currently? If it is out for a converter it only takes a few minutes to yank the valve body and pump and get a good look at the input assy... clutches that typically roast.
What RWHP is your engine capable of?
Do you run slicks, drag radials or street tires?
Is this a street car or strip car... or both?
If they try to upsell you on unexpected work asj them to save the old parts for you to inspect.

These typically lead to more and more related internal component questions that really need to be addressed before your next post.... get with the guy doing the work very soon. If need be send me a pm and I'll help you through it all as you stated you are still learning. I can help you through it and am glad to do so.

I called a shop in my area yesterday in order to check their pricing as their ad seemed unrealistic...it said " 4l60e's exchanged, $695.00" when I called I spoke to the owner who told me " .... Our 4l60e's start at $1240.00 and go up from there...." So the ad was a buncha crap... point is you must be very confident in your builders ability to deliver a quality product the 1st time. One B/S line and you need to reconsider the relationship.
g

Last edited by Gilbert@Ace Racing; 11-12-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree watch it i hate hidden charges these shops do ,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-12-2006, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i know what yall mean but i know the guy and he did ask me a bunch of questions thats why iam trying to learn more about it he told me some things but i want to learn more!