Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best polish for polished?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best polish for polished?

I am trying to polish my polished TT2s and was wondering what was the best kind to use. Looking to bring them back to the best they can be.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Mother's Billet is pretty good. If they need more attention, you may start with Mother's Mag & Aluminum.

I've also heard lots of great recommendations for Simichrome.

A polishing ball will also be very helpful.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Mothers Billet Polish is by far the best. I use it on my TT's and they look great.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

Mother's Billet polish is about the best off the shelf stuff you can get. I was polishing my dad's mufflers with neverdul, they looked great, then I used Mothers Polish, seemeed to look a lil better I guess, but the Mothers billet made it reflect perfectly like a mirror. Huge diffrence.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Griot's metal polish is what I use with my pneumatic polisher and with my power ball .. once I have them shiney, I seal them with Metal Armor final polish and sealant
Old 11-16-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've used several different polishes but I think Mothers Billet polish worked the best.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wenol works really good. Ive never tried the Mothers billet polish. I may have to give it a shot.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

For those using MOTHERS BILLET POLISH, are ya'll sealing it with anything afterwards? Does it even require a sealant?
How do ya'll go about polishing your items (TT2's)...what do ya'll use to apply the polish with? How long in one area? etc.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PERFECT Z28
For those using MOTHERS BILLET POLISH, are ya'll sealing it with anything afterwards? Does it even require a sealant?
How do ya'll go about polishing your items (TT2's)...what do ya'll use to apply the polish with? How long in one area? etc.
If you want you can use a wax or paint polish to protect the wheels. I use some polish from time to time but most of the time I don't bother. To apply the polish I use a good quality microfiber applicator or the past few times I started using a foam applicator. Both work well but I think I'm starting to like the foam applicator more. It seems to spread the polish better and makes it easier to buff the polish off. I like to use microfiber because it doesn't scratch the wheels like a cotton towel will. I spend about 5 mintues per wheel but I keep up with them very well. When I've let the wheels go for a while I polish a wheel till I'm happy with the shine. Work in small sections, it seems to help me get better results. Work an area for a min. buff and move on to the next section.

Quick Reply: Best polish for polished?