Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injectors acting up

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injectors acting up

hi my name is chadd, i have a 2000 z28 m6, ive been putting premium gas into my tank for about a year. then all of a sudden when the car was warm, i would get a mean misfire and i couldnt figure out what was happening. first instink was to change plugs. i put delco iridiums in and it helped for a little bit, but then the problem came back. next i went to the fuel filter, still misfire. now im worried, ive got gas and spark. i have a friend whos dad owns a garage, and he went onto mitchell on demand and found some interesting info out for me. he found that sometimes the stock gm injectors cant handle the high octane in the premium, so he told me to change to regular unleaded no e10 crap. so i did for about 3 months no misfire, then to be adventurous i put a tank a premium in, right away misfire. so from now on ive only used regular. has anyone else had this problem not only on camaros or firebirds but other gm products. if so i might be switching out and getting better injectors.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In CT everything has E10 in it....but I've never heard of a misfire with high octane and not with low...