Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Cutouts

I am interested in getting a cutout. However, I am totally new to the idea and after looking around I want to know from you fellas how and what would be a good choice. I have a LM and wanted to get the thing as loud as possible but after researching it I found that headers and an ory would be a bad idea. Since I don't race a cutout makes sense for me. How can I work it to get it as loud as possible while still sounding decent? Put Two in front of the cats? Please help me out some. Don't get too elaborate since I might not be able to follow it. Thanks guys, I appriciate it.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

why are headers and ORY a bad idea? did you want a electric cut-out or bolt on? just a cut-out is cheap and they are all basically the same, around 30-40 bucks. if electric QTP and McCord are good
Old 11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

I heard that LM + LT + ORY = ****-*** sounding exhaust. That's the only reason i'm avoiding it. everybody on here has said it so i'm taking it as true. I am interested in an electric cutout btw.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

sound is so subjective, its too bad you cant get rid of that LM, nothing like a quiet closed cutout, and a loud open one, the LM would be kinda loud closed, then loud open. i got a shitty flowmaster catback and the car sounds almost almost stock with the cutout closed, open its loud as ****...

dual cutouts right after the headers (if you can manage to squeeze them in there) would be the loudest, because open headers is the loudest you can get just dealing with exhaust, and believe me that extra 1.5-2 feet of pipe makesa big difference in sound, my car is not nearly as loud with a cutout/ory as it was open headers...