Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2005 Procharged Vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Procharged Vette

Ok so im gunna do a procharged ls2 vette what are most people doing along with these..Im just going basic kit p1-sc blower air to air intercooler,already has headers,full corsa exhaust..Im also doing a cam and valve springs along with it...
Is a fast intake or throttle body needed?Cylinder heads?
What have people done and what kinda power should be expected from such a combo...I know the Procharger site claims over 500 to the tires on 91 octane at 6psi with a stock C6...
Is that accurate?And what about with my supporting mods?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:46 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=30
Conclusion: We started out at 323 rwhp on this bone stock C6 Corvette, and we are now at a consistant 470 rwhp. What a gain! 20 more rwhp than what a new C6 Z06 just did on another Mustang Chassis Dyno identical to ours. If this C6 had headers and a free flowing exhaust system, this Corvette would most likely be over 500 rwhp! The nice thing is the gas mileage will still be really good, and this car can still be a daily driver!

Check out the above link to one that we did late last year. Give me a call at 260 244-4808 for a super great price on the ProCharger kit.
Unless you add forged rods and pistons to your car, I wouldn't add the cam and heads to your car. We like to try to keep the power level around 500 rwhp with the stock rods and pistons, and with your LS2 and the headers and exhaust, you will be right there.
The stock throttle body and mass airflow sensor are what you want to use. I also wouldn't swap intake manifolds, as you'll make plenty of power with the stock LS2 intake.

If you do add forged rods and pistons, then you can run at a higher boost level, which will really up the horsepower level. Check out the C5 in this link.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=40 Thanks! Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 11-14-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

fast intake or throttle body, Cylinder heads are not needed. A blower cam and springs will help. But your stock cam is also good, so you could just do springs.

I recommend the ECS Paxton kit. They specialize only in Vettes. At 8psi on a bone stock car and very little timing it made 510rwhp. Headers will add 25rwhp to that. Meth inj will add another 20rwhp on top of that..I love my Paxton and the customer service at ECS is wonderful...Top notch guys and product..And its on sale right now for $5995 shipped..

ECS sale

stock dyno

Last edited by chriswtx; 11-14-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Claims are true, but go with a D-1, good for upgrading later. How much HP do you want? I would save the rest of the mods until go with a forged bottom end. If I had to do it over again, I would go with a twin turbo set up. 500RWHP, and now the 650RWHP isn't enought. Also, I had to upgrade to a 8 rib and fuel system to get it done. The belt has to perfectly aligned to make it right. what a pain it has been! Turbo, turbo and turbo.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The newer ATI ProCharger F1C kit is the one I would start with. You don't need to go as small on the blower pulley, meaning you will have more belt wrap. Bob
Old 11-14-2006, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Change valve springs and put a D1SC on and you should be clear for the fun factor. Of course there are always other mods to do that will compliment the blower, ie headers and cam, but that can be done later.

Chad
Old 11-14-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls1LikeNoOther
Ok so im gunna do a procharged ls2 vette what are most people doing along with these..Im just going basic kit p1-sc blower air to air intercooler,already has headers,full corsa exhaust..Im also doing a cam and valve springs along with it...
Is a fast intake or throttle body needed?Cylinder heads?
What have people done and what kinda power should be expected from such a combo...I know the Procharger site claims over 500 to the tires on 91 octane at 6psi with a stock C6...
Is that accurate?And what about with my supporting mods?

You cannot go wrong doing business with Bob at EPP. Thats from a price and customer service (before and after the sale) perspective.

Quick Reply: 2005 Procharged Vette