Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any other color of Patriot springs besides gold??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Are there any other color of Patriot springs besides gold??

The reason I'm asking is because my buddy is supposed to have "patriot" dual springs on his car and one broke... I decided to come to the rescue since I'm building my heads right now and have some lying around... Well when I got there he had the valve cover off and sure enough both springs were broke but they looked nothing like mine...They were silver and kind of looked like Comp 921's or something.... We finally got it off and inspected the two side by side and found that there were some differences besides the obvious color aspect. The inner spring on his was a little smaller than mine... The bigger spring seemed to be the same size or comparible but I just don't think these are patriots...Anyone have any thoughts?? We're trying to find out which ones they are so that we can order some more or decided to ditch them if they are faulty... He also had some 7.35 pushrods from trick flow and the one on the broken spring was bent... This leads me to my second question, what could cause this??? Would the spring have broke and then bent the pushrod or is it possible for the pushrod to hit the side of the head at high rpm and bend or put akward stress on the spring?? We're just trying to figure out why they bent and broke.... His setup is a built 346 from HPE with an STS and he's about 8.9 compression with shaved 317 heads.... He has a pretty mild cam at 224/224 and somewhere around mid 5xx lift or a little more...Thanks for your thoughts...
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless they just released them I thought that they had the golds that were good up to .650 lift.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

that's what I thought...
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

anyone else have any thoughts on this??