Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP questions???

Old 11-17-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP questions???

The performance pacs claim hp totals. Im very doubtfull of these claims. This kit, http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=28026 slp claims that 375 hp. Im more than certain sure they mean flywheel, but even though, theres not alot of parts there. Anyone here have any insight??
Old 11-17-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Most people here will say to stay away from SLP as the stuff is overpriced. I have used their ls6 intake (nice piece) & still use their lid. I would say that their perf pacs are rated at the flywheel. Do a search and you will see that you can make more power for less money than by going with a SLP Pac. Do not get the SLP headers (hang too low) or MAF (not money well spent).
Old 11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks, I allready know the headers are over priced.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

they are over priced and their HP gains are way off, but are still very nice products.. i have a few of their products on my car
Old 11-18-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by presto_z
they are over priced and their HP gains are way off, but are still very nice products.. i have a few of their products on my car
I don't think that their hp gains are way off. 25 hp(350 to 375 flywheel hp) is not to hard to believe. Its just 6 out of the 8 things that you get are dumb. the tuner, maf, smooth bellow, rocker arms, k&n and cold air induction don't realyl do much. You could buy the loud mouth and lid and get the same power. The tuner is hit or miss and you might as well get a dyno tune. the bellow doesn't do ****. the cold air induction is over priced comapre to the other options for the same product, k&n is a waste when a paper filter will do the same, rocker arms aren't bad if you plan to never do a cam, once you doa cam you half to ditch them, maf usually makes the car go to lean or set a ses. Did I cover everything?
Old 11-18-2006, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

if u buy anything from slp get their lid and LMI or LMII.. you can get every thing else cheaper elsewhere.....

Search this Thread