Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mecham Hood

Old 11-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mecham Hood

I just ordered mines wish me luck... i almost dont care about the spider cracks, because i love the design so much and im sick of seeing cars all looking the same
Old 11-18-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I put some 3M structural foam between the two panels of mine and made the hood mutch more stable/rigid. Dont try this on your hood unless your familliar with this type of foam, if to mutch is used it will expand to the point that the hood will break or sepperate. Mine is original to the car and has original paint and no cracking at all. When you compare them to the hoods that came factory on the SS and WS6 made form sheet mouldning compound there is no comparison. When you compare to other manufacturers that make there hoods from fiberglass I would say there average but nothing that cant be easily corrected.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Banned

you will need it! Mecham Hoods suck and crack i seen 4 of them cracked and they would not send them new ones!
Old 11-18-2006, 02:43 PM

They have redone their process from the old ways that had the crappy fit and quality. I want one for my SS.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Yeah, those frauds told me that same bullshit, too. "We changed all of our processes to get better quality" Well, here's the end result of all that caring and concern to produce a quality product...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/518658/2
You don't need luck, you'll be needing LOTS of money...and then MORE money....and yet again MORE money! Rex at ASCD is slowly putting together a new design like that, so wait awhile and buy from a guy who actually gives a **** about selling a good quality product.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by matt6822
Yeah, those frauds told me that same bullshit, too. "We changed all of our processes to get better quality" Well, here's the end result of all that caring and concern to produce a quality product...
You don't need luck, you'll be needing LOTS of money...and then MORE money....and yet again MORE money! Rex at ASCD is slowly putting together a new design like that, so wait awhile and buy from a guy who actually gives a **** about selling a good quality product.
I was wondering where you were.

Good luck Bee-stro!
Old 11-19-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

When can we start seeing these hoods? Any idea?
Old 11-19-2006, 12:32 PM

Damn.. Id buy one from Rex if he makes one like the Camaro version.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Launching!

hwo long ago was this? when did you purchase the hood?
Old 11-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Launching!

I've been a little busy, haven't been around much lately. Always have time to smear Mecham. Anyway I bought that hood in Oct. 2003 and after initial paint, I had the edges repainted before it left the shop. By April of 04, cracking was very noticeable. Seemed like everytime I washed and waxed the car, a new crack was there. I never reinstalled any hood struts at all, just to be on the safe side. But since we're dealing with Fraudy Shitbag, doesn't matter what safeguards you take, hood will fall apart on it's own. Pitmarks and dimples were common by summer.
As I have said before, that hood is like driving down the road and coming up to what looks like a hot chick walking. The closer you get to her, you realize it's Granny in spandex with blond bleached gray hair Save your money!!
As for Rex, who knows...last I emailed him he still hadn't gotten started on it yet, and I sent him my Mecham hood Dec of 05.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mecham Hood