Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with Nick Williams tb...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys with Nick Williams tb...

I'm having a problem with the tb holdin open like 2% at idle. I put a small throttle return spring on it, and it cured it for a couple weeks and then the damn spring wore out I guess, cuz it started doin it again even with the spring on it. So I took the throttle body apart last night cuz it felt like there was a little spot it was sticking and I sanded down around the edges of the blade cuz there was a couple rough spots, it doesn't have that stick spot anymore, but will still flutter open at idle. So here's the question, can I turn the butterfly upside down so that the hole is at the top, or will it not line up correctly with everything? Cuz i'm thinkin the car just sucks so hard and with the hole at the bottom it doesn't suck as hard on the bottom of the blade cuz it's gettin air through it and sucks on the top hard holdin it slightly open. What you guys think? Thanks for any help and advice, very much appreciate it! I really don't wanna have to send it back to NW b/c I have a race coming up on the 9th of Dec and I need to get some runs in before then as well.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try adjusting the throttle cable? I had this same problem when i first installed mine and adjusting the cable fixed it.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
Did you try adjusting the throttle cable? I had this same problem when i first installed mine and adjusting the cable fixed it.
I ended up flipping the butterfly and it seems to have fixed it, i'll let you guys know more as I drive it around more.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

I have one question too, don't mean to highjack here. But I just got my NW TB and a new 90mm nitrous ring for it too, and the ring is way to big. It's a Nitrous Dave piece, does anyone know if they are made to fit the fast 90mm ring only?
Old 11-18-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nick Williams has an account here. Try PM'ing him.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Z28
I have one question too, don't mean to highjack here. But I just got my NW TB and a new 90mm nitrous ring for it too, and the ring is way to big. It's a Nitrous Dave piece, does anyone know if they are made to fit the fast 90mm ring only?
The FAST 90mm ring is much larger than the Nick Williams because the NWTB was designed for use with the stock bellows - the FAST was not.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Nick Williams has an account here. Try PM'ing him.
I did, he said to send it to him and he'll take a look, but I don't have time to send it out, I got a race comin up. Flippin the butterfly helped, but as soon as I made a full 1/4 mile blast at the strip, it hung up again.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
I did, he said to send it to him and he'll take a look, but I don't have time to send it out, I got a race comin up. Flippin the butterfly helped, but as soon as I made a full 1/4 mile blast at the strip, it hung up again.

I had alot of the same problems, but mine just ended up being a faulty TPS sensor. It's worth a shot to swap one out to see if it helps.

Good luck with it man!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
I had alot of the same problems, but mine just ended up being a faulty TPS sensor. It's worth a shot to swap one out to see if it helps.

Good luck with it man!
I doubt it, cuz I put a brand new one on when I put the 90/90 on and been having the problem right from the get go.

For a while I thought it was in the tune and as tryin everything and couldn't figure it out and then finally realized it was stickin.

Thanks, I hope I get this **** solved, it's gettin annoying, may end up sendin it back after my race on dec 9th if I don't figure it out before then.