LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tunercat files

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunercat files

I just got myself a laptop, downloaded Tunercat & Freescan, communication cable is ordered and should be here early next week. And now I want to play around and learn to program my PCM.

I've spent the last 10 days searching the web for Tunercat info till my eyes hurt.
I seem to be stuck in a revolving door, with the same websites coming up with every search I do, no matter what search criteria I put in, none of which help me with what I'm looking for.
I'm totally new to this, and i'm looking for some Tunercat specific help files, or a mildly moddified LT1 file that I can compare and get an idea of what to change, and where to change it in the program.

To start with I want the basics, like lowering the fan turn on, removing the cutoff at 110mph, maybe delete the emmissions stuff, etc. Just basic stuff till I learn to use the program properly, then I can start with the more advanced stuff.
Anyone help me?, anyone got a .LT1 I can open in Tunercat that has the fans lowered, emmissions delete, CAI, speed limiter removed, or anything minor to get me started.

Thanks
Sara Lou
Old 11-18-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Forgot to add:

My car is a '94 Firebird Formula LT1. Totally stock (for now).
One other ?, there are 2 $EE def files on Tunercat, but I don't know which one I need?.

Sara Lou
Old 11-18-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

send me your stock file...and I'll mess with it....
cdsantellan@yahoo.com
Old 11-18-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.monodax.com/forums/
Have you been there? I have a feeling they will be able to walk you through whatever you need
Old 11-18-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the quick response guys.
Travie319, soon as I get the cable and the def file i'll send you my stock file, thanks.

NotACop97z, yes i've been there, they don't have much on the OBD1, mostly OBD11.

One item in my first post that I need info on right away is which def file to get from Tunercat, $EE or $EEb?.

Thanks
Sara lou
Old 11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

$EE is what I had

EEb is a revised version of that def file. Either should work
Old 11-18-2006, 04:18 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slowmofo
$EE is what I had

EEb is a revised version of that def file. Either should work

Actually, the EEb is only for very early 1994 files. Several things will be displayed wrong if you don't use the correct definition file. The vast majority will use the regular EE definition file.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least you're not in my boat I have a 93, and NO one here wants to look at my edit to see if I've done everything right :\ I've still had fun tinkering with the file though.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Actually, the EEb is only for very early 1994 files. Several things will be displayed wrong if you don't use the correct definition file. The vast majority will use the regular EE definition file.
That's what I heard too. I have the 3 relay fan setup, which I believe was on the later '94 model. So based on that, it looks like I need the $EE file.

Sara Lou
Old 11-19-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like this setup is just in time.
On the way back from St Augustine today, i'm sat at a red light when suddenly the idle drops right down and almost stalled the engine, it threw an SES light then went back to normal idle, and as I set off from the light the SES light went out.

It drove the rest of the way home fine, and idled fine whenever I stopped. Soon as I get the interface cable, which should be early in the week, i'll check the codes.

Sara Lou
Old 11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine does odd crap like that too. If I go above like 85-90mph, it comes on, but when I drop down past 80, it goes off. Then when driving normal to my friends it went on around 65mph, stayed on for like 5mins and went off, 2mins latter came on and then back off lol Car runs great though, can't figure it out
Old 11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sara, the best lap top scan software I have seen is Datamaster by TTS (Steve Cole). It uses the same cable as tunercat. You will need something like that to find what code it stored when it acted up. Don't disconnect the battery before you get your cable, and scan software.

Good luck, Ed
Old 11-19-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Sara, the best lap top scan software I have seen is Datamaster by TTS (Steve Cole). It uses the same cable as tunercat. You will need something like that to find what code it stored when it acted up. Don't disconnect the battery before you get your cable, and scan software.

Good luck, Ed
Hi Ed, thanks for the input, I've heard DM is good, but it's not free which is a down side for me.
Though I do believe is has a "trial" edition, which I might download when the cable arrives. I just don't want to clog up this laptop with a bunch of programs that have expired and I can't use.

Sara Lou
Old 11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I used Datamaster, i loved it. worked with with tuner cats.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Zralou
I just got myself a laptop, downloaded Tunercat & Freescan, communication cable is ordered and should be here early next week. And now I want to play around and learn to program my PCM.

I've spent the last 10 days searching the web for Tunercat info till my eyes hurt.
I seem to be stuck in a revolving door, with the same websites coming up with every search I do, no matter what search criteria I put in, none of which help me with what I'm looking for.
I'm totally new to this, and i'm looking for some Tunercat specific help files, or a mildly moddified LT1 file that I can compare and get an idea of what to change, and where to change it in the program.

To start with I want the basics, like lowering the fan turn on, removing the cutoff at 110mph, maybe delete the emmissions stuff, etc. Just basic stuff till I learn to use the program properly, then I can start with the more advanced stuff.
Anyone help me?, anyone got a .LT1 I can open in Tunercat that has the fans lowered, emmissions delete, CAI, speed limiter removed, or anything minor to get me started.

Thanks
Sara Lou
There's not much info on the web at large.

This forum has the most info for obd1 anywhere.

For most of the stuff you mentioned you just need to change the constants table (2nd in the list in TC). A good guide for that table is here.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:31 AM
sbs
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zralou
One item in my first post that I need info on right away is which def file to get from Tunercat, $EE or $EEb?.
You get both. Download your car as an $EE, and look at the constants table, and if the cylinder volume is not 717.25, then use the other mask.

It's not just "very early 94s." My car was built in the middle of the model year and it's $EEb.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why does the CV determine what ECM file she needs? They use different divisor tables to get the volume?

In my 93's ECM it says 712.77. Should I up it?

*cry* Anyone want to take a gander at my tune and make sure I haven't screwed anything up? :\ I use TunerPro (free ver) and have all the files (duh since I'm tuning lol).
Old 11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can you still download the Datamaster trial for free? I think you get 15 logs for free, and usually you only need a few to diagnose a problem.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

where can you get the Datamaster
Old 11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Launching!

If you know where to look on the web, you can find DataMaster 3.4.1 and it's crack. Here is Brent Franker's website and a database of tunes. I can't get them to work since he changed the format, but maybe you can. If not, email him.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/LT1Edit/LT1files.htm

Quick Reply: Tunercat files