LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Starter Wire ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Starter Wire ?

My starter went out on my 94 Z28. I have put a new motor in sense then. I am installing the starter and I noticed three wires coming out of the plastic cover thats over the wires. One is the big ground the other is a little red or pinkish wire that goes to the selinoid. Where does the Little Black wire with a white strip go? Is this some kind of ground or am I mistaken. Any help would be great.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm Not Mistaken The 3 Wires All Merge Into One And Collect At The Postive On The Battery Correct? If That's The Case Then That Cable Should Go To The Back Of The Alternator, Its On The Backside Of The Alt. Closer To The Passenger Side, It Shouldnt Be Too Hard To Find
Old 11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

The Negative goes on the one that does not connect to the Solenoid. The little one off of the Harness goes to the little one on top. That pissed me off for a min when I got mine back together. I got a new Starter cause my old one was going, and it wouldn't work. I needed one for a Corvette Block cause that is what I got. I got the one in a trade for free, so it was all good.