Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New to AN fittings, braided lines and hard-lines. School me on this stuff.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to AN fittings, braided lines and hard-lines. School me on this stuff.

I need to know everything there is to know. I want to do a sick parallel fuel rail setup with hard lines, then use braided for feed to y-block and for return from afpr. What type of fittings? I know a little, but what about flaring hard lines? I want to go -10 to y-block to back of rails, then have -8 fittings on other end of rails then to hard lines that run back above the fuel rails and bend to the afpr, then -6 return to tank.

Help me.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:01 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.chevellestuff.com/tech/an_fittings.htm

That helped me out a lot when figuring out my system.

-10 might be a little much, unless you have a good amount of HP.

You can always run High Flow adapters, the come in Y's.

Good Luck.

Tony.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:15 PM
FormerVendor

What application and what kinda power will you be feeding? I can help you setup whatever you need.

Nate
Old 11-22-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay Nate,
I have some spare parts including a LT1 intake manifold. So I have been making it look nice and polished up my fuel rails and etc. Hopefully a little while down the road, I plan to pull the motor and go 383 or 396 (decisions,decisions... ) with some ported heads, full suspension, 12 bolt and blah, blah. I also wanted to redo the entire fuel system. I was thinking just an aftermarket pump should be able to handle the power i'll have. Then I wanted to run braided back to front. I was gonna have the lines plumbed in parallel, not sure if I want to drill a hole in the front of the rails, or use the crossover holes near the front.

I had seen pictures of this setup:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=57344
https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=57345

I really like the looks of it, and have been tryin to get a hold of him (not so easy). I like the look of stainless hard line, and realize that it probably wasn't easy to do, but thats what I was hoping to do.

Hence, why I made a thread hoping to learn more about AN fittings and such. Hopefully this helps, because I was looking for a little guidance when it comes to bending hard line, how to flare and what are some good flaring tools, which types of AN fittings (because Russel or Earls or Aeroquip all have so many variations of fittings), and other info needed to complete a project like this.

Thanks for the help,
Mike
Old 11-22-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do a search on my screen name and there are diagrams that I came up with that match your description.

-B