Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i was woundering if this is posible

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 12:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i was woundering if this is posible

i have a 1994 chevy cavalier and i race it on a circle track and i was woundering if it is posible to take a flywheel from a automatic and use it in a standered i was told you can and it would be lighter and give me more torc to come off the corners and the rules at my track said that it has to be a steel flywheel so i cant use an aluminam flywheel and a kid i race with said he used an automatic flywheel so when they tech with the magnet it will stick to the steel flywheel and the automatic flywheel is lighter and it will give me more torc so if you know weather a can use it or not let me know and if you know how it works like do i have to space it to make it work or whatever if it is posibale let me know
thanks, Eddy
Old 11-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Banned

An automatic trans uses a flexplate, a stick shift uses a flywheel with a flat machined surface for the clutch to grab against when the pressure plate clamps the two together....this that you speak of is not possible.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

i think they are pullin your chain there is no surface for the clutch to grab on a flex plate unless you are running a direct drive with no clutch then it may be possible plus the weight of the heavier flywheel should give you more torque the lighter it is the faster it will rev correct me if im wrong
Old 11-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

lighten the steel flywheel.. that is your only option.