LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Heater Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Heater Problems

I have no heat in my car. I replaced the therm.. but still not getting hot. If I sqeeze the inlet hose it gets harm for a minute or two but cools off again. The water pump is not leaking, and I think it is flowing. I don't see any sings that tell me the heater core is leaking, Is there anything I'm missing.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The heater core might need to be flushed out.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

yea the heater core is probably clogged. my 93 does the same the time to time. this is how i fix it get some good coolant system flush or cleaner solvent and let it run threw the system for a couple days. then unhook both of the heater core hoses and some how hook a water hose up to outlet hose and let it ripp! just make sure that it doesnt get too much pressure in there and pop the core apart. i would run water threw it for a couple of minutes till a good flow gets coming threw it. dont forget to make sure you dont get any water on the opti too. ooorrrr just do it the right way and replace the heater core and do a coolant system flush but im a hack i would flush it first.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Resident Racing Jerk

when i bought mine it was doing the same thing. removed both heater lines, hooked up the water hose to one of the heater lines, and blew out all kinds of crap. its worked great for 6 years now.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys will do and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks 4 the info!

Quick Reply: Heater Problems