Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a new muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need a new muffler...

I have a 1996 z28 lt4 camaro. I have hooker long tube headers with an offroad y pipe that runs into a flowmaster crossflow that has rusted out and needs to be replaced. I plan on changing it this monday or tuesday and wanted to know if I should consider a different muffler or just put another one just like it back on. I want the muffler to sound good, loud and allow me to keep my tips. Any suggestions?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 500hpbluez28
I have a 1996 z28 lt4 camaro. I have hooker long tube headers with an offroad y pipe that runs into a flowmaster crossflow that has rusted out and needs to be replaced. I plan on changing it this monday or tuesday and wanted to know if I should consider a different muffler or just put another one just like it back on. I want the muffler to sound good, loud and allow me to keep my tips. Any suggestions?
When i had my two 94s TAs I had the Flowtech Terminator on both of them. When I got the cars they had Flowmasters but I didn't like the sound. The Terminator is one badass muffler. In the sound department the Terminator just lilled the Flowmaster. It has one mean bark to it.