Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People who got Bad QTP headers come in

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool People who got Bad QTP headers come in

Im talking about those of you who got headers from the bad batch they made quite awhile ago. I have a set I bought in March of this year, I didnt installed them until about June. I then found out that they were not very good fitting headers. The passenger header would totally rest on the K member. I did some grinding but I stoped with fear of weakening the K member. The driver side header had major issues with rubbing on the steering shaft. After playing the the steering shaft for awhile, I couldnt get it to not touch the header. I finally had to unbolt the steering shaft from inside the car right by the pedals. I unbolted all 3 screws that hold it down and I moved the base a little. I did make enough clereance, about 1-2mm.

Right now my headers are off the car due to getting a ticket for Long tubes, I live in crappy California.

So now that the headers are off, I would like to see if QTP can replace them for a good set.

To those of you who got the headers replaced with a good set, Who did you guys talked to? Were they easy going or were they giving you crap about the situation ???

I hope I get a good set, I love the built and the quality but these headers I have are just a bit bad. I dont want to leave or go with a different header, I just want a GOOD set

Thanks
Old 11-23-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just call them. QTP has excellent customer service. 201-444-0998

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Contact/index.php

Happy Thanksgiving!