Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high idle / reverse lockout / no odometer

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default high idle / reverse lockout / no odometer

I think the reverse lockout and odometer was working at one point.... i'm not sure cause it was the first time i really drove the car since I put the new motor in.

I realized on the freeway that my odometer didn't work. Then when I turned around in a parking lot to go home, I realized my reverse lockout wasn't working either. I had to push it really hard to the right to get it to go into reverse. Then on my way home the throttle would stick. Sometimes at 2500, sometimes at 1700. I could go under the hood and put it back down, but as soon as I push the pedal it would go up again and stay.... but not -every- time. It was idleing perfectly before. Now when I play with the idle, it wants to idle at like 1300 or 1400, and if i close the throttle body a little, it makes the car idle really low then die. I cant get a happy medium. Done 2 idle relearns aswell.

What could be wrong? I checked the eng sen fuse and it's fine. helllp.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I wiggle the throttle line that goes to the TB, it will go back to the correct idle. When I push the gas, it goes back up and stays untill I wiggle it again. Something is making the cable not wanna settle back down. some electrical problem maybe causing all my problems.

I thought that eng sen fuse was the issue, cause I had it blow before and had all the same problems. Maybe wires fried under the car? I dont know what else could cause this.