Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help

The day before yesterday I was driving in the rain, cause I got cought in a real bad storm, there was a lot of water on the road, and I had to go through some of it. After I did, it started acting up, Like it was going to die, it would start stuttering and spitting. When I would hit the gas it would sound like it would completely die out, so I would have to play with the throttle to keep it half way alive. Well it finally cleared up and it started driving fine, I got home and let it sit for the last couple of days and I went out today while it was nice and dry everywhere to see if it will still do it. And it did, So I took out my passenger side 02 sensor and it was black as ****, mind you this is the second one that I put in the car in about a months time. I cleaned it off as best as I could and put it back in, The car starts up fine and idles great, but when you put it in gear and drive about a block it starts cutting out again.
I allready checked my spark plug wires and everything they are all nice and snug, and it has brandnew spark plugs in it.

Do you think I might have some water in the fuel, or what,

It is an auto, 02 z28, I have headers and TD's Dumped on it.

I checked my air filter and it was nice and dry.

Hope you can help. thanks in advance

Lane