New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech - Shift light/beep

View Full Version : Shift light/beep

S2kmaniac81
11-24-2006, 08:05 PM
I think this might be the correct place to ask this, not sure Im a newbie. I was watching a video of an 04' GTO on google earlier and noticed that it had what appeared to be a shift light and a beep. I was kinda confused and went out to look at my 04' and noticed it had a shift light, but I have never noticed it lighting up before, or hearing a beep. Is there a way to set this up/ turn on-off? Is it programable to a certain rpm? Thanks

fearroyo
11-25-2006, 07:59 AM
I think this might be the correct place to ask this, not sure Im a newbie. I was watching a video of an 04' GTO on google earlier and noticed that it had what appeared to be a shift light and a beep. I was kinda confused and went out to look at my 04' and noticed it had a shift light, but I have never noticed it lighting up before, or hearing a beep. Is there a way to set this up/ turn on-off? Is it programable to a certain rpm? Thanks

Yes, it can be turned on and set to a certain rpm. Someone has to plug in to configure it.

S2kmaniac81
11-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Who/how can someone plug into it and set it?

fearroyo
11-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Who/how can someone plug into it and set it?

I am not sure who can do it. I know someone who had it done at a GTO meet.

I just picked up a 2004 PBM and want to get it done as well, so I am still looking.

300bhp/ton
11-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Check in the GTO forum. It can't be hard to do. I think the Holden HSV and probably the Holden Monaro have it on as standard. A GTO is just a rebadged Holden.

fearroyo
11-29-2006, 08:08 AM
www.gtoshiftlight.com (http://www.gtoshiftlight.com) has the info.

I'm gonna try to make the Bradenton meet in January to get mine done.