Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REALLY need advice/help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REALLY need advice/help

I just picked up my Z today. When i test drove it, it was grinding into 3rd and 5th.. I was like what is wrong with it and he told me it was because the clutch wasn't all the way in.. now, I know how to drive a manual so I know that aint it.. so I stopped and made him drive it the rest of the way.. well it grinded for him too.. he never said a word.. so I call back the next day and we got all the paper work done and such and I call them up and ask them if they had a chance to look at the tranny and drive it, they said it was fine and that it was because it was just cold.. no because i drove an hour and a half home and around town where I live and still grinds, but now 6th grinds a bit.. and don't think about getting on it, cause you'll grind every gear there is.. I have 30 day warrenty, but I brought it up and its still doing it.. what do I need to do??????
Old 11-24-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Resident

First of all, I'm sorry your first experience going from a ford to a chevy was so shitty...thats not the norm. Anyways, if I were you I would just take back the car and tell him no deal unless he fixes the tranny. No sense in buying something broken when you can just be a little patient and find a nice one, ya know?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

I know, but I really like my car.. its exactly what I wanted, I just want the tranny fixed..
Old 11-25-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

Well, maybe you can get him to refund enough money to pay for a new trans?? I guess your just going to have to get in touch with him and let him know that the state of the transmission is unacceptable, then go from there...Good Luck!
Old 11-25-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

If I were you, I would take it back and tell them to fix or they can keep it. It's definitely not worth the hassel when there are so many out there to choose from.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THE CAR IN THE FIRST PLACE? He lied to your face when he said you weren't pushing the clutch in all the way because it did it to him! Why would you do that? Did you buy this froma dealer? You have to read the warranty, usually they are b.s. They'll say that they can honor the arranty at their descretion and things like that. You may have to eat the cost of the tranny, live and LEARN. You drov ethe car for an hour and it grinded everytime and still bought it, sounds liek its your problem now. Even if you went to a laywer, you were well aware of the problem when you purchased the car by your story. Good Luck, hopefully the people aren't dicks, thats unlikely though since the guy lied to yuor face.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

quick update.. I talked to the owner of the dealership.. he told me take it to a shop that knows something about these car/6spd and have them do an estimate and the repairs and they will pay for it..
Old 11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoCobra
quick update.. I talked to the owner of the dealership.. he told me take it to a shop that knows something about these car/6spd and have them do an estimate and the repairs and they will pay for it..
awesome glad to hear it, i was fairly certain they were going to screw you since they lied right to you.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

so wat happened?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brink
so wat happened?
Originally Posted by NoCobra

i think its self explanatory?