Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come in and help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Come in and help please!!!

I had a post in here a couple of days ago, and no one was really able to help me out.

What happened is, I drove through some water, cause there was no way around it. And right as I was driving through it it started to act up. like it was wanting to die. After playing with the throttle it ran fine, actually ran good all the way home with out no problems, Then i let it sit for a couple of days through the holidays, and I went out today to see if it would still act up. and it did, I would let it run for about 5 minutes, and then I would put it in gear, about half way down a full block it would start to stutter, and acting like it was either starving for fuel or it was an elictrical prob, I went and bought some HEAT, and put it in the gas tank, at a half of a tank. Let it sit for about three hours, and in the mean time I looked at all my plugs and wires, and found no problems. I took out my 02 sensors, and one was black, on the passenger side. so I switched it with one of my spares, thinking that might have been the problem. I just now went out to test drive it and it ran fine for about 10 minutes, I pulled in to a 7-11 and bought some smokes and stuff and left the car running. when I came out it was acting funny, and it smelled funny too. I can't really describe the smell, it was a cross between rubber and an electrical smell. I got in it and gave it some gas and it settled down to a nice smooth idle. I then proceded to the highway to get on it and see if it would act up in higher RPM's. It was sluggish and not its usual self, so I turned around and took an exit ramp that I knew no one would be at, and Did a break stand. The tires started turning with no problem, and then they stopped. so I let off the gas and put it in park, got out and it was almost like it smelled like a burnt clutch, So I checked my tranny fluid and under the car, there were no leaks and the fluid looked good. I can not figure out for the life of me what is wrong with my car, driving down the road it feels really wierd, I can't explain it, but it is totally different, then what I am use too.

Can you guys please chime in and let me know what you think. I would greatly appriciate it
Old 11-26-2006, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

anyone, please I need the help
Old 11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

was it deep water?
Old 11-26-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would look into your coil packs etc,hey dont like any water whatsoever
Old 11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I always wash my engine in the car wash and havnt had any problems with my coil packs acting up......
Old 11-26-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should start by assuming that anything under the car that doesn't like getting soaked did. The 02s are probably shot - replace them both. Check your air cleaner etc. for any traces of water.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

/\I've heard LT1 guys say the same, but we all know about those good ol opti's! Still better check
Old 11-27-2006, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

The air filter was dry, a little on the dirty side, but dry non the less. My coil packs seem to be pretty dry. I did not drive through the water fast at all, maybe 5 to 10mph tops. The water was about 2 to 3 inches deep. I allready checked my 02's one was pretty black so I changed it out. the other looked fine. It only seems to do it if the engine is not warmed up all the way.

I talked to a guy that thought maybe I have an open wire somewhere that might get a little damp, and once the engine warms up and the moister evaperates its fine. What do you guys think.

Thanks for the input guys, keep them coming.

Lane
Old 11-27-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

well, ive drove my Formula thru some pretty deep water on two occasions ( up to the headlights almost), and one good thing about our cars is the intake placement. I would check wires underneath, and the fuel filter as well (just to be safe).
Old 11-27-2006, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

Okay will do that. thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

i live in NN, and a bunch of my fbody friends live in Va Beach/Norfolk. So if you ever need some help....let me know
Old 11-27-2006, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
i live in NN, and a bunch of my fbody friends live in Va Beach/Norfolk. So if you ever need some help....let me know
That would be awesome, You will have to get in contact with them and see if they might wanna help me to find out whats going on. It would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Lane