Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cuts outs single vs. double?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cuts outs single vs. double?

What is the sound difference between having cutouts (one on each side) on the headers vs having just one at the y-pipe where it meets the cat back system? Obviously 1 is cheaper than buying two. Any one have experience with this also any picts of a set up with the SLP long tubes as my ground clearance is already an issue? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just do the single in the I pipe. When i got Pacesetter LTs it came with a Y pipe that had dual cut outs. sounds bad when opened and they scrape EVERYTHING in a lowered car. Im about to sell mine and get a regular Y pipe
Old 11-27-2006, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is not lowered just that the SLP long tube headers hang real low. Are you cut outs electronic if so how much?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pSSycotic
Just do the single in the I pipe. When i got Pacesetter LTs it came with a Y pipe that had dual cut outs. sounds bad when opened and they scrape EVERYTHING in a lowered car. Im about to sell mine and get a regular Y pipe
I used to think the same thing when I had dual cut outs. But After a lot of work I got the Y pipe tucked up to where it wasn't a huge issue (I'm also lowered 2"). But the sound wasn't the great. Then I got a cam and found a whole new appreciation for my cut outs. Not to mention a huge gain in power with them open.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 1FSTLS1
My car is not lowered just that the SLP long tube headers hang real low. Are you cut outs electronic if so how much?
..cutouts on each pipe is VERY LOUD...1 in I-Pipe is not bad..I think 2 sound better..alot better....Go to QUICK TIME PERFORMANCE.../...QTP.....Sponsor on right....>>>>>>>>