Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird noise..In park/neutral

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird noise..In park/neutral

Okay...well something is up with my transmission...On sunday, i changed my fuel filter and than decided to go out for a drive...i drove around for probably 20 minutes or so and when i got home and put it in park..i could hear the noise..It sounds like a bearing..its kinda like a whine/growl. The noise stays consistant with RPM's until around 1500rpm and than seems to stop. Today i thought i could hear the noise while i was coasting along at about 5mph but it was not as loud as it is in Park/Neutral. When i first start it up in the morning i dont hear it either, until i drive it a little, than shift to park or neutral, than i hear it again. Other than that though the transmission shifts perfectly normal..It does have 104K miles on it so i'm not really surprised that something is wrong with it..i just wish i knew exactly what is wrong with it....So if anybody can give me some advice/tips on what to look for it would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to start college again in March, so i need to fix it before than. Thanks again.

-Travis
Old 11-29-2006, 12:04 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Try and describe the sound better and more detail of when it happens

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-29-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a little hard to describe the noise over the internet....Its a similar sound to when the bearing in my idler pulley went bad...it has a distinct type of sound to it..Imagine listening to a skateboard going down the street...its pretty similar to that..only its a little higher pitched...and the noise is kind of inconsistant at idle..you may be able to hear it for 2 or 3 seconds...than it will stop for a split second..than come back for maybe a second, than go away again....there really isnt any set pattern to it.