Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just a question about pricing for painting my hood???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a question about pricing for painting my hood???

I just got a quote for getting my hood painted and the fenders blended etc... Totaling 352.14 for hood prep and paint and finish hood. Then an extra 100 for colorsanding if needed. Does this sound right? I talked to another shop and they automatically told me 500 + any prep work that is needed.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had a good "high end" shop paint just the top of a WS6 hood onced for 350 bucks and blend it with the fenders...mind you he left the bottom untouched a still black...

Then i had a diff shop paint a diff WS6 hood for me.The top, the bottom and blend it in to the fenders for 200 bucks...well let me just say, what u pay for is what you get! the guy had to redo it 2 more time befor gettin it were i would except it back
Old 11-28-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

good deal. Mine came pre painted from ramairhood.com for 970....fits nice and matched perfectly.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVThis
Had a good "high end" shop paint just the top of a WS6 hood onced for 350 bucks and blend it with the fenders...mind you he left the bottom untouched a still black...

Then i had a diff shop paint a diff WS6 hood for me.The top, the bottom and blend it in to the fenders for 200 bucks...well let me just say, what u pay for is what you get! the guy had to redo it 2 more time befor gettin it were i would except it back
Thats what im worrying about. It sounds like a deal and i went through his shop and looked at his work and all his previous paint jobs looked great. He was explaining the differences in metalic paints and quality etc... So he seemed to know his ****. On the other hand i can pay the other shop $500+ and it could come out like ****. But the $350 shop will guariantee the paint for 1 year. Do you guys think i should negotiate a longer guariantee? thanks

Quick Reply: Just a question about pricing for painting my hood???