Sponsored by: DashLynx

Repainting engine bays? Fadded paint look"

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Repainting engine bays? Fadded paint look"

So my transam and my new 2000 camaro both have fadded" engine bays

The camaro has 107,000 miles and is very very clean with no rust at all any were expect the rad support area has some suface spots from being sctrached" from working on it.

The car is a very clean soild, and fast car and in great shape Im just **** and want to go the extra mile......Has anyone had it done? and what was the cost...

I might add it is gutted, NO ac, No ps, No heat,no wipers,no nothing, its pretty much a shell around a motor! so the bay is pretty easy to work on etc
Old 11-29-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about going to a local paint shop and picking up some paint and using a spare spray gun that I have and doing it myself. I have actually seen people do it with a spray can and you can tell. It looked really good.
-Brandon
Old 11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lt1_man
I was thinking about going to a local paint shop and picking up some paint and using a spare spray gun that I have and doing it myself. I have actually seen people do it with a spray can and you can tell. It looked really good.
-Brandon

Yeah I was thinking about just doing it myself also, jw what people paid and if its worth doing it your self or not ya know