Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans fluid level

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans fluid level

I just did a transgo shift kit. I did it over the holidays and it took me a few days working on it lightly. I put 6 quarts of fluid in it when I was done and it looks like when it is hot like almost at 210 it is a quart over. How much fluid did you guys put in the transmission after you did a shift kit? I know when I did a filter and fluid change last year I put in 4 or 5. I figured that with the valvebody being dropped it needed at least 6. However when I checked it after just going around the block it was like below the hash marks.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

What I do anytime I drop the transmission pan is add 4 qts of fluid. Start car get fluid up to normal operating temp, then add about a half qt of fluid every few minutes untill fluid is to full mark on the dipstick.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I wouldnt worry about it 1/2 to 1 quart over will not cause a problem if everything works then its all good

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-30-2006, 07:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys. I was just concerned about foaming. If it is foaming would you see it on the dip stick? Everything works great just be ready for that second shift . No it's not bad but I can feel it's there now. I am glad i did not go 3 washers because there would probably be no way of hiding it. I plan on doing a cooler this weekend so I know i will loose fluid then and it should put me where I need to be.