LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I fixed my Miss at low rpm under load.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I fixed my Miss at low rpm under load.

I just thought I would share that I have fixed my misfire stumble at low rpm under load. I have searched so many threads and got so many different reasons why my car could be acting up. The end result ended up being my BOSCH spark plugs. I had them for about 10k and never had any problems with them until these past couple months. I pulled every single plug and they all appeared to be in perfect running order white with a tan tint to them. I replaced them with AC Delco platinum plugs anyway (hearing bad things about the Bosch) and the car runs like it used too, no more miss at idle no more stumbling randomly. It feels good to have the car back to normal after months of changing parts and chasing the issue.

Parts replaced to find this problem:
4 sets of Spark plug wires
Ignition control modal
Coil
Optispark
optispark vacuum harness
Optispark wire harness
cleaned mass airflow

Most of these parts were replaced because I broke them on accident trying to test stuff or were just wearing out anyway.

Just thought I would share a success story.

Now i just have to figure out why it idles at 500rpm sometimes when comming to a stop, witch is a small thing to compare to how annoying the miss was.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im running the platinum delco plugs after an ignition problem. I have always heard how bosch sucks for our cars. NGK is good, but I did not like having to change that much with their copper cores. I think they make an iridium one now.

Sometimes simple solutions can be overlooked.

I had my coil go out, and replaced my opti. (thinking that was it after testing)
Then I slapped a timing chain kit, and then a cam since i was deeper into the motor. Its all good at least you know half of your stuff is new.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great to know. Sorry to hear you blew all that money but, like stated ^^^, at least you know you've got a lot of new parts now.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

i have bosh platinum +4's in mine i wonder if thats why it misses at top end
Old 12-01-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Bosch plugs are fine if you drive a honda or toyota. American muscle cars and bosch plugs don't mix very well.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, I don't know why people use Bosh +2 or +4. The spark can only goto ONE electrode at a time, and when the main wears out, the other 2 or 4 aren't going to be of any more use than having just 1 lol

Quick Reply: I fixed my Miss at low rpm under load.