Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Sanity check my PCV and vacuum lines.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sanity check my PCV and vacuum lines.

Alright guys I'm getting the car dyno tuned on Monday and I want to make sure everything is right before I take it so they don't have to stop the tune to fix something stupid and chew up the expensive dyno time. I've got a picture on here that shows all the vacuum lines and my pcv stuff and I was hoping everyone could tell me if it's right or I need to change something before I take it in. Thanks again guys. The connections I didn't list were the boost guage, which is T'd into the brake booster line and the 3 BAR MAP is connected into the back of the LS2 intake. It's an incon kit on a forged engine with an M6 tranny.
Attached Thumbnails Sanity check my PCV and vacuum lines.-sanity-check1.jpg  
Old 12-02-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

anyone?
Old 12-02-2006, 04:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, im not a turbo guru...but TTT for you!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Alright, change one I just saw was hook into inlet side of turbo and take that to the catch can with the check valve, that way the system is always drawing a vacuum. I'll "T" into the line going to the catch can and add an oil and water seperator to make sure know oil works it's way into the intake track. Anyone else see anything I'm missing?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

alright, it's going in tomorrow so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I added the line from the turbo to the catch can and ls6 valley cover with a checkvalve right before the intake on the line and a oil/water seperator where it "T's" to go to the turbo. Looks good. All loose ends are tied up. Numbers to follow I guess.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks fine. I did my PCV a little differently. I y'd both lines coming off the valve covers together and took the single line to the drivers side air filter for the inlet air.

Took the pcv line to a one way valve to keep boost out, kept the pcv valve inline to a catch can, then on to the intake manifold.

Just blocked off the TB inlet since the inlet is now at the airfilter.

Only thing you might want to change later is the reference for the boost controller if you go electronic. Reference to the manifold will work better for an electric controller since most will give a boost/vac reading and will compensate to the pressure drop through the maf/tb.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

appreciate the help. I just dropped the car off for the tuning so initial numbers to follow. The only reason I didn't t any of the lines on the valve covers is because all the ports on the valve covers were shaved off and filled with soder, then polished up. Looks good.

Quick Reply: Sanity check my PCV and vacuum lines.