Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 1 running rich at idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bank 1 running rich at idle

I have recently started having a problem with my car running really rich. Well after pulling the plugs, I noticed all the plugs on the driver side of the engine, were all very black and covered soot from running so rich. I was working with my tuner today trying to figure out what the problem might be. He hooked up his lap top to see what he could find. The o2s were operating normally, so we tried swaping the injectors from bank 1 to bank 2, to see if that might be the cause. No luck with that. We checked for leaks on the intake and didn't find anything there. My tuner thinks I might have a crack in my header somewhere. I am going to take a good look at that tomorrow to see what I can find. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever had this problem, or would have any suggestions as to what else I can look at. While driving around, everything was fine until the engine returned to idle. Bank 1 would start to run very rich. I would like to have this fixed for next weekend, so any help or suggestions you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 07:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had this problem, the low speed table for the MAF was the problem. If you haven't touched the tune at all, then clean the MAF for starters (look for the simple things first). If that doesn't do it, check the EVAP line (I assume it is on the driver's side like the Vette) for leaks.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have already cleaned the maf. That was one of the first things I did. Are you thinking the I should check the line between the evap and intake?
Old 12-03-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I found a leak in the exhaust, where the x-pipe clamps to the header. Any idea if that could be the culprit.