Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Analog speedo, oops

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Analog speedo, oops

I bought all autometer gauges for my swap but bought an analog speedo. The swap is a 6.0l 4l80e with np241c transfer case. Is there any way to run a speedo cable from the transfer case to the speedo? Or should I just sell it and try again?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackdog76
I bought all autometer gauges for my swap but bought an analog speedo. The swap is a 6.0l 4l80e with np241c transfer case. Is there any way to run a speedo cable from the transfer case to the speedo? Or should I just sell it and try again?
There is a company making a box that converts an electric signal to a mechanical cable for GM applications.

I can't remember the name but you can do a search on it.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would have to switch out the tail of the trans or buy the box to convert a signal to the mechanial speedo. The box is about $300 and from what I have read is not that accurate. I looked into this to be able to retain the stock dash in my trans am. I found it cheaper to buy the electronic autometer speedometer.
This is the link to a company that manufactures a box to convert the electronic signal to a manual speedometer.
http://www.abbott-tach.com/cablex.htm

Quick Reply: Analog speedo, oops