Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my TH350.. Now what

Old 12-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my TH350.. Now what

Ok well I ended up getting a TH350 from my buddy today. Its brand new 0 miles and built with all kinds of B&M stuff, Shift kit etc. I am going to most likely send it in and get it built a lil more extreme with a trans brake and stuff. Well now my question is what else do I need to get. What flywheel is the best to go with for a 750-800hp motor (N20), Will my orginal starter I have now still work with this tranny, its a jegs mini torque starter with universial pattern.. I know I need a different driveshaft now, and obvisiously its gonna be shorter right? Anyone know what length I need, or what brand would be best for my setup? Also do they make any aftermarket crossmembers that will bolt up to my car (93 Bird) and the th350? And what do I do about mounting the torque arm now?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Stock flexplate will work, that being said, so will starter, BMR makes a crossmember for your application and it will have a TA mount on it or go tunnel mount (UMI, Spohn). 9" tailshaft will allow you to reuse your stock d/s.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Staging Lane

BMR makes this tranny cross member with an torque arm relocation mount for a th350. So this eliminates my cross member issure right? Heres a link to it. Also I my bottom end was internally balanced from Eagle so which flex plate do I need internal or external balanced?

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/misc/TCC013.jpg

Last edited by 93 4mula; 12-04-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Yes the BMR is what you want. I think possibly Yank has one too but price is comparable. I have a BMR for my 4l60(e) and it's a rock solid setup (considering I broke the tailshaft housing with stock setup). Your crank is internal balanced so you will need a neutral balanced flexplate. If you use stock, grind the weight off. I bought an aftermarket SFI Scat flexplate for about $40. It's listed on their website, 153 tooth, 86-up 1 piece rear main. You'll have to grind the weight off there too.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

So I was looking at there website, So I would want to get an external balanced flywheel and cut the weights all the way off of it? Heres the site. Which one is what I need to use my stock starter and work on a TH350.

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/Flywheels/

Search this Thread