Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Paint/Body Shop guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paint/Body Shop guys

I'm in the process of planning the rebuilding my totaled Trans Am. I have to replace the bumper, hood, and both fenders, so half the car has to be repainted. I've always thought about doing a color change and now is probably the best time to do it. How much (ballpark) would you guys charge to do a color change on half of the car? What steps could I do to lower the time you have to work on it (lowering my cost)? Things I've come up with so far:

Take door panels off.
Take plastic panels inside the trunk lid.
Removing back pipes from the muffler for clearance for painting.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price is hard to say since each body shop charges differently by the hour. Not only that but, the damage you see isnt going to be only that. There will be more with brackets etc. You never really know what else might be learking until you have the car dis assembled.

Honestly It might cost you more to have half the car re sprayed as there will be alot of blending time etc. To give you a base price to work off of, half of the car just to paint, materials, paint, hardener,clear etc. Plus labor. I would say ball park about $3000.
I got my whole 2000 Camaro painted, jams etc for $5,600.
But that was with the same color. A color change will be more involved, and will cost more as every part of the car has to be re done.

To Save you money, you can take apart what you can. but as far as sanding etc go, fiberglass isnt the easiest to keep straight.