Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix pressure issue

We recently installed the racetronix intank pump upgrade with the new harness and relay on a 00 Vette. The car has not been running right so we have it on the dyno now to check it out. First thing we see is only about 35-40 psi on cycling the key...start the car and its the same. Fire the car up, rev it a little and its dropping to below 30psi. WTF??? Could there be a bad relay, or something causing the pump to not see full voltage? Any advise is appreciated, as we are about to rip the car apart on the dyno now!
Thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Could be voltage to the pump wiring?relay or the pump assem leaking in the tank hose not tight something to that. Or just a bumm pump.

Nate
Old 12-04-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Could be voltage to the pump wiring?relay or the pump assem leaking in the tank hose not tight something to that. Or just a bumm pump.

Nate
Yeah, sounds like what we're thinkin...thanks for the input.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any and all input appreciated!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:02 PM
9 Second Club

I had that kind of problem in my 02vette. I ended up doing the ugly thing and adding another hose clamp on the sending above the fuel pump, "where that stupid turd plastic hose from pump hooks up." I also put the hose in boiling water to soften it up before I put the clamps back on. And added a touch of epoxy around end of hose. Hey now at a solid 61psi at idle. I think I had my pump out 4/5times till I finally got the expected pressure. I would have been happy with 58 but hey I was over-joyed with 61. Worst case I think I can scrape the epoxy off of the sending tube if I have problem. Been running that way a few months now. On the dyno under boost only dropped to 53psi. Good luck mine was ugly but it worked. I think getting that hose a little bit softer with the water was key. The epoxy was just insurance was tired of draining tank out in buckets.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Great advice guys, thanks.
Were definitely hoping its not a pinched line, as the entire chassis was removed from the drivetrain as we were doing a clutch(among other things...) at the same time. V-series Tech, whose car it is, will be pulling the pump first thing in the morning. We'll post up and let you guys know what we find.
We need to get the car ready ASAP as it is scheduled to take part in a private track rental tomorrow night with some high dollar Euros, like the RennTech shop car....we're gonna need some proper fuel pressure and then some!
Thanks
Old 12-05-2006, 02:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
We recently installed the racetronix intank pump upgrade with the new harness and relay on a 00 Vette. The car has not been running right so we have it on the dyno now to check it out. First thing we see is only about 35-40 psi on cycling the key...start the car and its the same. Fire the car up, rev it a little and its dropping to below 30psi. WTF??? Could there be a bad relay, or something causing the pump to not see full voltage? Any advise is appreciated, as we are about to rip the car apart on the dyno now!
Thanks
Most likely the flex-tube was damaged during installation or not clamped properly. Damaged tubes must be replaced.

Please contact support@racetronix.com for diagnostic info.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-05-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Most likely the flex-tube was damaged during installation or not clamped properly. Damaged tubes must be replaced.

Please contact support@racetronix.com for diagnostic info.
Much appreciated gentlemen!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

UPDATE: Pulled the pump, added a second hose clamp on the rubber line, reinstalled and voila! 58 psi at idle!
WooooHoooooooo!
Time to go destroy some Euro trash.....son of a bitch, is it raining?????

Time to pray for sun now.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
UPDATE: Pulled the pump, added a second hose clamp on the rubber line, reinstalled and voila! 58 psi at idle!
WooooHoooooooo!
Time to go destroy some Euro trash.....son of a bitch, is it raining?????

Time to pray for sun now.
Rubber line?

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
9 Second Club

Dear ractronix I kind of hate you because your support sucks. However you do have a decent product. Why the hell dont you guys invest in a damm phone# or atleast include instructions to all your kits? How about a little damm trouble shooting guide. This is another guy that was at the end of his rope with alot of money and time invested in somehting that was fixed with another 1.35 hose clamp.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Dear ractronix I kind of hate you because your support sucks. However you do have a decent product. Why the hell dont you guys invest in a damm phone# or atleast include instructions to all your kits? How about a little damm trouble shooting guide. This is another guy that was at the end of his rope with alot of money and time invested in somehting that was fixed with another 1.35 hose clamp.

Thaks Sprayjunkie...Mike...and racetronix for posting about this.

This was my car the junkie wrote about. Thaks mike for your experience with this issue, it saved me some trouble shooting time indeed. Thanks for that.

I do agree with you on the racetronix issue. Greeat product but, even though I wouldn't have used them,...instructions would have been nice. Thats the second kit I have installed...with no form of instructions.

I feel bad for someone that is trying to do it on there own....and doesn't have the first clue about electrical.

Anyways...to all. Thanks.