Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel System recommendations for my Twin Turbo build...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Fuel System recommendations for my Twin Turbo build...

Hey everyone... so for ym twin turbo build, some specs to help you out... twin 60's, shooting for 500 rwhp on the stock motor. I want my fuel pressure to stay rock solid so i don't have to worry about fuel pressure dropping and blowing to pieces.

So far i have the racetronix plug n play system and some 65 lb injectors.

Long term goals for the car are a mid 10 second car in STREET trim all day so whatever power that takes... 650-750 ish.

So i figured i'd like to get some more of the fuel system out of the way during the holidays. I was thinking rails and a regulator so i don't have to worry about fuel pressure on my low boost, but then with bringing in the FPR, i'd have to get a feed line, set it up for return and such and basically make a full system.

I can go ahead and do that but thats cutting a lot into my budget... I was looking at a kit from Nasty N8 to add rails, Boost refrenced regulator, filter, feed and return lines and all fittings. If i did this set up the only thing really holding the set up back would be the pump, which could be upgraded to twin intakes later when i up the boost.

I don't really know of any other set ups out there that i could do to keep fuel pressure rock solid without running a full return system other than rigigng something up that i want to stay away from.

I want to do this build right but like everyone, i have a budget, but if you guys think its necessary or a great idea to do it from the start, i'll get set up with the full return system.... any other suggestions to do, please feel free to post up... Thanks a lot!

I'm really stumped at to what else to do other than go through and do the full set up.... Input needed!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a metal tank call nasty performance....
Old 12-05-2006, 05:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

i called nasty, he suggested his stage 2 and a return line for a full set up, i think i'm going to go with that and get it done with unless someone else has a different good idea.... My car is a 99' so it has the plastic tank....

Old 12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

run two pumps, what does the stage two consist of?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

dont want to do 2 pump ATM, the stage 2 would consist of rails, boost ref FPR, fuel filter, all fittings, -6 braided feed and return lines....

Old 12-05-2006, 07:01 PM

Do it right the first time... go big! Youll be sorry if you run out of fuel.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

alright, i'm thinking the same.... with this set up i should be totally set which the only thing holding me back being the pump which i could add another intake one when i up the boost!

Old 12-05-2006, 07:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

now the thought of just adding a meth kit is slipping into my head...... it will add meth with boost, so it will add more fuel with boost keeping the pressure up under boost, and adds octane to prevent detonation.......

Old 12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A bosch 420l or Aeromotive Eliminator pump does well for external useage. Get the lines and rails, fpr, y-block, etc. You will need them eventually anyway.

Nasty has a decent tank, or you can sump a metal one from a 98..or find a plastic welder in youur area to sump yours....or lastly, draw from your current pump basket with some mods and creativity.

We all start thinking...just a turbo kit...and 15k later, were fighting to keep our car a street car...but the garage ends up smelling like gas, the rollbars agrivates our back, the tires wear fast, the fuel pump noise is there...and before ya know it..you modded your car to death. Welcome to the game. BUT, boost is more addictive than opium, and I tell you that from experience.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

do the racetronix double pumper set up from lonnies
Old 12-06-2006, 08:05 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jammer
A bosch 420l or Aeromotive Eliminator pump does well for external useage. Get the lines and rails, fpr, y-block, etc. You will need them eventually anyway.

Nasty has a decent tank, or you can sump a metal one from a 98..or find a plastic welder in youur area to sump yours....or lastly, draw from your current pump basket with some mods and creativity.

We all start thinking...just a turbo kit...and 15k later, were fighting to keep our car a street car...but the garage ends up smelling like gas, the rollbars agrivates our back, the tires wear fast, the fuel pump noise is there...and before ya know it..you modded your car to death. Welcome to the game. BUT, boost is more addictive than opium, and I tell you that from experience.
hmmm... you just summed up my past year and a 1/2
Old 12-06-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the MagnaFuel 4303 pump from Nate at Nasty. Pretty Street Friendly and you only need one. Just got the kit 2 days ago and is currently being installed.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like others have said, you cant over do your fuel system. One of the most important subjects to look at when it comes to FI.