Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no diagnostic plug on my take-out harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no diagnostic plug on my take-out harness

I bought an 02 TransAm take-out engine with the full engine / tranny harness, but I don't have a diagnostic port for my HP tuners. I'm hoping to NOT purchase an aftermarket harness. How do I connect the under dash harness to my under hood harness?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

You are going to have to build you a harness or take that one somewhere so they can modify it for a standalone application regardless bc the engine harness does not contain any of the necessary relays to make the fans, fuel fump, a/c starter or theft deterent work. Then when the harness is built it will have an aldl attached for scanner interface.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to modify the harness myself. I will have a custom dual fuel pump setup with multiple relays and it's nice to get the correct lengths so I can mount them where I want. And I've got HP tuners to disable the unwanted stuff.

Is there a harness I can buy (or pull from a junkyard vehicle) to get the diagnostic port?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this for a swap of an ls1 into some other type of vehicle?

On the ls1 vehicles, the diagnostic port is in the dash harness, under the dash on the driver's side.

The dash harness links up to the pcm by 3 small connectors under the dash on the passenger side. The C2xx set of connectors.

(the three fenderwell connectors that tie the the pcm to the chassis harness are in the C1xx series)