Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Without PCM, these works?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Without PCM, these works?

1) Without PCM, will M6 T-56 tremec work run ?

2) Without PCM, will the ABS original hydraulic brake work ?

3) Without PCM and ABS original hydraulic brake, Could use the original hydraulic brake only? Use same Brake Master Cylinder Reservoir?

Since installing the newer LS2 Carburator motor with M6 T56 Tremec on my 2001 Camaro . It was originally V-6, ABS Brake System, PCM.
I found out that LS-2 Carburator not require to have PCM and ABS Brake Brake because its had own ignition distributor front beside the carburetor.

Thanks for help me ..
Old 12-06-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont see what involvement the PCM has on the t56. just make some sort of harness for the sensors like speedo and backup lighting. abs has its own computer in most cars.

dont qoute me on this but thats my take on it.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. it'll work, if you can't get into reverse, you may have to remove the solenoid, or figure how to unlock it so you can get it in. once its unlocked, you'll be fine. same goes with skip shift. as long as it's not engaged, you're fine. the backup light switch is just that, a switch, and the VSS sensor wont be offended if you dont use it.

short answer, it'll work fine.
2. it definately needs wheel sensors, and it has its own little ECM, I believe. The PCM will use it for traction control and it has a malfunction light, although I dont believe it controls it.

3. yes. i'd keep the booster, so it works the same. you don't NEED abs. Just run the front port on master cylinder to rear brakes, and rear port to front brakes through a "T"

"I found out that LS-2 Carburator not require to have PCM and ABS Brake Brake because its had own ignition distributor front beside the carburetor."

that's right, if you're not concerned about abs, delete it if you want to. use the same master and just bypass it. The carbureted version runs on the little box alone, that's all you need.

what are you planning on doing for a speedometer and tach, etc?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Resident

1)Really, I looked at Chevy Service Manual. There shown only Reverse Lockout Solenoid, Vehicle Speed Sensor, Skip Shift Solenoid.
I will unlock Reverse lockout Solenoid.
Double Check, do I need to unlock at Skip Shift Solenoid or leave it alone.

short answer, it'll work fine.
2. it definately needs wheel sensors, and it has its own little ECM, I believe. The PCM will use it for traction control and it has a malfunction light, although I dont believe it controls it.
GOOD ???? >> VSS Sensor, No Idea .. I don’t need Traction Control since I remove ABS.
3. yes. i'd keep the booster, so it works the same. you don't NEED abs. Just run the front port on master cylinder to rear brakes, and rear port to front brakes through a "T" Yeah, I will keep it and do simple to do. Remove ABS.

"I found out that LS-2 Carburator not require to have PCM and ABS Brake Brake because its had own ignition distributor front beside the carburetor."

that's right, if you're not concerned about abs, delete it if you want to. use the same master and just bypass it. The carbureted version runs on the little box alone, that's all you need.

what are you planning on doing for a speedometer and tach, etc?[/QUOTE]
I plan buy Auto Meter Digital Pro Shift RPM and connect to Distributor plug. It come with MSD 6AL and Blaster Coil.
GOOD ???? VSS Sensor, No Idea ..

67RSCamaroVette:I saw your profile you have nice “68 with LS2/T-56.

Slap my head to do my profile need update..
DONE
Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Skip shift engages when power, so if it gets nosignal it won't do anything which is what you want. Just leave it unhooked.

You need the VSS if you want to have a speedo. You can run it straight into your speedo, but I am not sure what kind of signal comes off the VSS. Do a search on that there are others running the speedo off the VSS.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Default without PCM, how Oil/Coolant Sensors works???

Oil Pressure Sensor GM# 12573107 and Coolant SensorGM#??? for Ls2. I found out that there not come with connector. I need to know what kind of connector to plug to these sensors WITHOUT PCM…
What is the part # for oil pressure and coolant sensors connect to WITHOUT PCM. What kind of Connectors require to be connector from Oil Pressure and Coolant
Where I order? Do SummitRacing or Jegs have that connectors with that sensors?
Old 12-09-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/...6cd09c9241a75e

take a look around this site. the coolant with pigtail is only 6 bucks..
Old 12-12-2006, 05:58 AM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=67RSCamaroVette]1. it'll work, if you can't get into reverse, you may have to remove the solenoid, or figure how to unlock it so you can get it in. once its unlocked, you'll be fine. same goes with skip shift. as long as it's not engaged, you're fine. the backup light switch is just that, a switch, and the VSS sensor wont be offended if you dont use it. [/COLOR]

Finally, I removed the reverse (snap ring,spring,lockout kit) and leave solenoid.
THanks 67RSCamaroVette

Quick Reply: Without PCM, these works?