Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

how are you routing all your wires for gauges

Old 12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how are you routing all your wires for gauges

im about to start putting together all my gauges and im wondering how you guys have all your gauge wires routed....

like your fuel pressure gauge, AFR gauge, and boost gauge... they will be in a tripple pillar....

are you drilling more holes in your firewall or using existing ones.... do you have to pull the dash pad.... etc... etc...

i just need to know what this involves

Thanks,

Tyler
Old 12-07-2006, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

I ran my boost and fuel pressure through the hole in the firewall behind the PCM then accross the underside of the dash and up by the fuse panel into the A-Pillar.

The fuel pressure gauge did not have enough wire so I had to add about 2 1/2 ft to it to make it long enough.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Made a hole in the same area as where the TB cable comes through. Did not want to run my vac-boost line that far, behinde the pcm. Makes things much easier for later items. Just be sure to use a grommet if you make a new hole
Old 12-07-2006, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by funnelone
I ran my boost and fuel pressure through the hole in the firewall behind the PCM then accross the underside of the dash and up by the fuse panel into the A-Pillar.

The fuel pressure gauge did not have enough wire so I had to add about 2 1/2 ft to it to make it long enough.
WB came up thru the tunnel with plenty of wire. Be prepared to extend the harnesses for the others. I have AutoMeter FP & Boost gauges (electric) bought 25 ft rolls the same colors as thay are supplied with & did a little soldering/heat shrink. To access the hole under the PCM you need to remove the PCm & peel back the carpet/floor insulation.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by funnelone

Yep, best and cleanest installation in my opinion. Exactly what I did. You likely will have to extend the wiring a little, but no big deal.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I drilled a 1 inch hole in the firewall on drivers side. Then used the gromet that came with my fuel pressure gauge. Didn't have to remove the dash pad, cause once you get the A-pillar out of there (t-top car) you can easily route the wires. I connected the gauges to a terminal block and then just mounted my main wires to there. The block has been cleaned up a bit since first stage of my install a while ago.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2K2CamaroSS
I drilled a 1 inch hole in the firewall on drivers side. Then used the gromet that came with my fuel pressure gauge. Didn't have to remove the dash pad, cause once you get the A-pillar out of there (t-top car) you can easily route the wires. I connected the gauges to a terminal block and then just mounted my main wires to there. The block has been cleaned up a bit since first stage of my install a while ago.

I did the exact same thing.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
7 Second Club

where do you guys pull your power from... and how did you route it?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:21 AM
7 Second Club

so would it be ok to use the radio accessory fuse/slot to get my power for my boost gauge and AFR gauge?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
kp
8 Second Club

electric boost/FP gauge needs 12v when cranking so the radio isnt the place.

I did like the pics and drilled a hole and used a grommet by the brake pedal.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I drilled a hole in mine to right by the brake pedal.but I have a load more wires to run than most people, I didnt want to run this many wires across the car and back over to the senders it would have been a wireing mess under the hood.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:59 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
electric boost/FP gauge needs 12v when cranking so the radio isnt the place.

I did like the pics and drilled a hole and used a grommet by the brake pedal.
so i cant use the little fuse pannel on the driver side of the dash... where it pulls off in a triangle...

if not what do i need to use?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ty_ty13
so i cant use the little fuse pannel on the driver side of the dash... where it pulls off in a triangle...

if not what do i need to use?
Sure you can, just use a test light and make sure it stays hot when the key is in the start position. The gauge instructions will tell you if it has to be like that, full sweep electric FP and boost gauges need that, not sure if others do or not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how are you routing all your wires for gauges