Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Exhaust cut out opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Exhaust cut out opinions...

Over the winter I'm installing LT's as well as most other bolt-ons and a computer tune. I'm looking to not sound too aggressive, yet be aggressive. I've been thinking it over and have come to the conclusion that my best bet would be to run the LT's with an ORY and then an electric cut out, and keeping the rest of my stock exhaust. I want to be able to sound like there is little done to the car when I drive up, but want all the Flow I can get when I get up to the line. Does anybody else think this is a good idea? If anyone has any ideas I'm open to suggestions.
Thanx
Old 12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea alot of people have done that, I myself prefer a decent catback but its all up too you, and once you have the cutout open odds are you wont shut it alot.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your LT's and ORY will make it a little louder through the stock catback but it should still be pretty quiet. The cutout when open will give you a huge power gain over the stock catback as well as adding a TON of volume. Throw a cam in there and it'll especially scream when open!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:14 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you've got a winning plan. I did the exact same thing.

I went a step further and added a bullet to my I pipe, and a stock catback. It is almost completely silent. Keeps the locals nice and cocky untill I drop the hammer.

I've made back to back runs with my system open and closed. Both netted the same MPH in the 1/4 mile. The SLP Dual/Dual is one of the best flowing catbacks out (stock or not), so you will probably see some gains over a stock TA catback.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm ordering LT's and ORY tomorrow and will have the same exact setup. I already have a cutout.