Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hi flow cats/ory/headers question..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi flow cats/ory/headers question..

I already have pacesetter headers sitting in the garage.. and since NY is having a decenlty calm winter.. i think im going to install them earlier then i planned.. i was reading a comment somewhere on this site that we need 3.0 inlet/outlet hi-flow cats.. i was looking at the magnaflow.. my question is.. does it matter like what series or model number or does it just need to be 3.0 inlet/outlet, end of story. Another thing is does anybody know of an ORY that these cats can possibly be welded onto.. or will fit with.. thx.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would just buy this from Texas Speed and bolt it up. http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=189&catid=45
Old 12-08-2006, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 on the TSP catted Y pipe, it's cheap and fits the Pacesetters and uses Magnaflow Carsound 3" cats.

I would also highly recommend that you also get poly motor and tranny mounts. They are available from Thunder Racing.

They will do two things, first they are a great mod and will make the car taughter and stop the engine moving as much.

But they also help cure the problem of the Y pipe hitting the underside of the car.

Poly mounts are a great idea regardless of exhaust setup, but they are easier to fit while you have the exhaust and manifolds off.

The Mufflex Y pipe hanger, also available from Thunder Racing is another good idea, this just helps to support the Y pipe and reduce the chance of it htting the underside of the car.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Banned

If you did want to have a muffler shop fab up a ypipe with cats to save some money you can do that too, look for magnaflow ceramic 3" cats on ebay is where I got mine from I don't know if sponsers carry those exact part numbers...but you can check. Then just take your cats [and possible a good collector like the FM collector] to your exhaust guy to fabricate the ypipe and put it on, a good ypipe will add lots of flow potential to your system.