View Full Version : National Championship -- ALL WELCOME

smoke20
12-08-2006, 07:20 AM
this thread is open to discussion of the NC game. i had to open this thread because one member of LS1 got their feeling hurt on another thread. i say florida is going down and big time. lets hear it and why.
97blkz fire away :jest:

ExceSSive
12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I agree...I think the Gators will get more than they can handle with the Buckeyes

The Crow
12-08-2006, 09:21 AM
I second that. I don't think Florida has a shot. Ohio State is going to have gator for dinner.

WS6nJAX
12-08-2006, 10:48 AM
you guys must be cane, nole and or ucf fans.

jman0322
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
As long as Leak doesn't throw the ball to wide open defenders it'll be a good game and if not I hate to say it but it'll get ugly if we turnover the ball a lot.

DirtyBird222
12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
you guys must be believing the ESPN hype of how OSU is the greatest team ever. I'm not going to say who I think will win but it will be a close game. And the crow likes Jeff Gordon, the Heat, the Canes, and the Dolphins. He's def. from miami lol. I believe we need to have a solid rotation between Leak and Tebow. Leak just needs to not get flustered and Mullen needs to learn how to call plays between now and the NC. He is total crap we get up by 10 points and he becomes more conservative in his play calling, like we are up by 40 points or something.

jman0322
12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
No, but I do hope being the so called underdog works in our favor!!!!!

The Crow
12-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes, I am a Canes fan first and foremost, but I do look at all games objectively and I would rather have a Florida Team win it all. Especially having Florida win both basketball and football. Unfortunately, Ohio State doesn't make too many mistakes and Florida does and OSU's defense is a suffocating defense which will give Leak and Tebow lots of different looks and lots of headaches.

gator's 99TA
12-08-2006, 01:32 PM
objectivity is about impossible. go gators. my alma mater. OSU is an extremely well coached team. much props to tressel/vest boy.
the moment this post gets ugly i am locking it and giving vacations. i dont care whose feelings get hurt. this is a good site. you want to argue like bitches, go right ahead, just on a different board

TimTaylor75
12-08-2006, 01:56 PM
2006 Award Winners :headbang:

AWARD: NAME: SCHOOL

Rimington Trophy: Dan Mozes: West Virginia
Davey O'Brien Award: Troy Smith: Ohio State
Fred Biletnikoff Award: Calvin Johnson: Georgia Tech
Outland Trophy: Joe Thomas: Wisconsin
Doak Walker Award: Darren McFadden: Arkansas
John Mackey Award: Matt Spaeth: Minnesota
Dick Butkus Award: Patrick Willis: Mississippi
Lou Groza Award: Art Carmody: Louisville
Ray Guy Award: Daniel Sepulveda: Baylor
Chuck Bednarik Award: Paul Posluszny: Penn State
Bronko Nagurski Award: James Laurinaitis: Ohio State
Vince Lombardi/Rotary Award: LaMarr Woodley: Michigan
Walter Camp Award: Troy Smith: Ohio State
Jim Thorpe Award: Aaron Ross: Texas
Maxwell Award: Brady Quinn: Notre Dame

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/awards
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/awards?year=2006

Next will the the Heisman :drive:

slowmofo
12-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm surprised Smith didn't win the Maxwell also...

VTC_WS6
12-08-2006, 05:25 PM
you guys must be cane, nole and or ucf fans.

Although I am in fact a Canes fan, it goes without saying that OSU will owneth the Gaytors.. it's in the talent disparity.

smoke20
12-08-2006, 06:15 PM
amazingly no one is picking the gators???? where are the gator fans, hiding??? :secret2:

WS6nJAX
12-08-2006, 06:54 PM
i think you cane fans are still thinking about the loss to osu and just couldnt stand to see another florida team beat them for the nc.

KdubFL
12-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Gators win it 24-22, OSU scores potential game tying TD in 4th quarter yet fails 2 pt conversion.

gator's 99TA
12-08-2006, 07:51 PM
amazingly no one is picking the gators???? where are the gator fans, hiding??? :secret2:

b/c this thread means nothing. its an internet arguement. your E cawk is obviously large. i dont have to come in and tell you how great it is! :eyes: this is a racing and tech site. go to cbssportsline if you want everyone to look at your football posts.

besides, this thread bores me. i as well as everyone in the world knows OSU is going to be handed the win. gators wont have to show up.

go gators. off to get the car ready to race tomorow. bye bye internet football players. :judge:

LS1T/A4
12-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Gators FTW.

Did my part. It should be a good game.

Villain281H
12-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Yes I'm a Gator Alumni, and I believe my college team has a chance.

Look at it this way, do you give up a race before it even starts because you have less power than the other guy? Nope, you try to win anyways, and sometimes it happens. Underdogs win all the time, the Cindarella stories happen, and IMHO people starting a loser/hate thread shows their lack of anything more constructive to say.

But what do I know, I'm just a car junkie that also enjoys college basketball and football!

Go Gators, and if they lose I'll be gracious in defeat.

Derek

97blkz
12-08-2006, 10:14 PM
As long as Leak doesn't throw the ball to wide open defenders it'll be a good game and if not I hate to say it but it'll get ugly if we turnover the ball a lot.

This is my #1 reason why and Coach exp. I still think the Gators are solid but leak is the weak point IMO.

smoke20
12-08-2006, 11:18 PM
b/c this thread means nothing. its an internet arguement. your E cawk is obviously large. i dont have to come in and tell you how great it is! :eyes: this is a racing and tech site. go to cbssportsline if you want everyone to look at your football posts.

besides, this thread bores me. i as well as everyone in the world knows OSU is going to be handed the win. gators wont have to show up.

go gators. off to get the car ready to race tomorow. bye bye internet football players. :judge:

other threads on this site have same content so i dont see the difference in this one. and you posted several times in other football related threads. good luck at the track tomorrow.

smoke20
12-08-2006, 11:24 PM
gator where are you racing tomorrow?? is it a race or just a test and tune??? just curious, im a car nut also im not just a football jerk sorry for getting on everyones nerves just slow time for cars with winter and most tracks closed, keep us updated on your times later

leftme4dead
12-09-2006, 07:38 AM
I think they should dick it out on pinks.......

You guys ---> :gtfo: <-----Me

DirtyBird222
12-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Yes, I am a Canes fan first and foremost, but I do look at all games objectively and I would rather have a Florida Team win it all. Especially having Florida win both basketball and football. Unfortunately, Ohio State doesn't make too many mistakes and Florida does and OSU's defense is a suffocating defense which will give Leak and Tebow lots of different looks and lots of headaches.

The only tough opponent OSU played this year (Michigan) and they didn't blow them out. Texas......well K-State and TAMU beat them and barely beat Nebraska. OSU also struggled with the Illini, but a win is a win no matter how you look at it, and I'll give that to OSU and especially the Gators. The Big 10 was horrible this year. It will be a great game, and I really think a lot of you are letting the ESPN hype get to your head.
Go Gators.

TimTaylor75
12-09-2006, 01:23 PM
The Big Ten was horrible? That's why 3 Big Ten teams are in 3 of the biggest bowls this season?

TimTaylor75
12-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Troy Smith wins the 2006 Heisman with 87% of the vote...an all-time record margin!

DirtyBird222
12-09-2006, 08:59 PM
from top to bottom the sec is the best conference in the NCCA. Our worst team would spank your worst team lol. As for our best team vs. your best team....we'll see on January 8th. Man ESPN was hyping up OSU and the state of Ohio even more. Your state must be loving this crap. Latest trend I've seen with the Heisman lately is that they only select the winner if their team is going to the National Champ game, whatever happened to picking the best individual for the award? I think individual awards are stupid in the first place because without his O-line or surrounding team mates troy smith wouldn't have even been eligible for this award.

staringback05
12-10-2006, 02:24 AM
im only gonna post in here once....but the heisman should go to the player that honestly carries a team.....who is outstanding, like BIRD said...it shouldnt be because your team is good, or your supported by a cast.....its someone who puts up gaudy numbers and does it all on there own....

for example.....hawaii's QB....that sob has thrown like 60 tds this year....
mcphadden got his 1000+ yards in like only 9 or 10 games....he missed several games
there are several others i could list that put up crazy numbers.....remember the heisman is for MVP...not the best team player

smoke20
12-10-2006, 08:48 AM
im only gonna post in here once....but the heisman should go to the player that honestly carries a team.....who is outstanding, like BIRD said...it shouldnt be because your team is good, or your supported by a cast.....its someone who puts up gaudy numbers and does it all on there own....

mcphadden got his 1000+ yards in like only 9 or 10 games....he missed several games
there are several others i could list that put up crazy numbers.....remember the heisman is for MVP...not the best team player

belive it or not i AGREE WITH YOU!!! the heisman has been a joke for years, it only goes to people on winning teams, not the best player in college ball. that kid from hawaii i saw his stats and im floored he wasnt even mentioned and mcfadden is dynamic i cant wait to see him in the next level.

97blkz
12-10-2006, 08:51 AM

But what about the talent level they play at? Seems like a double standard here with you? no a personal attack but I curious to your answer?

gator's 99TA
12-10-2006, 01:24 PM
mcfadden was the runner up on teh heisman trophy.

UF shut him and his running offense down.

97blkz
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
mcfadden was the runner up on teh heisman trophy.

UF shut him and his running offense down.

He's a beast, if he had a QB to work with him I am not sure how bad ass he'd be.

slmdLS1
12-10-2006, 02:51 PM
this is a bait thread, meant to incite arguments by someone who got butthurt in a "gator fan" post, hence why its posted in the Florida forum right near the gator fan post. its been shown time and time again you will not find "objectivity" from a nole or a cane, and "UF haters" and some OSU fans are quickly piling on.

how lame.

gator's 99TA
12-10-2006, 05:12 PM
this is a bait thread, meant to incite arguments by someone who got butthurt in a "gator fan" post, hence why its posted in the Florida forum right near the gator fan post. its been shown time and time again you will not find "objectivity" from a nole or a cane, and "UF haters" and some OSU fans are quickly piling on.

how lame.

i agree. these guys just love to see themselves post!

97blkz
12-10-2006, 06:07 PM
I heart 97blkz's posts!

whiteLS1
12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
im going to keep this simple

go gators that D is going to shut down troy smith why b/c they are going to shut down that ohio running game. no 100 rushers against the florida D that is going to make it hard for troy smith to do what he does. we shut down darren mcfadden so we can shut down pittman. :judge: the denfesive line is rediclous just watch and be amazed for eveyone that thinks the gators are going to get ran over

smoke20
12-11-2006, 06:11 AM

how lame.
:cry:

WS6nJAX
12-11-2006, 01:43 PM
:cry:
dont cry little buddy. it will all be over in a few more weeks. then you can wear a GATOR national champs t-shirt and pretend you have been one of us all along.

smoke20
12-11-2006, 01:49 PM
gator luggage is so pretty :)

97blkz
12-11-2006, 07:05 PM
im going to keep this simple

go gators that D is going to shut down troy smith why b/c they are going to shut down that ohio running game. no 100 rushers against the florida D that is going to make it hard for troy smith to do what he does. we shut down darren mcfadden so we can shut down pittman. :judge: the denfesive line is rediclous just watch and be amazed for eveyone that thinks the gators are going to get ran over

So which are you focusing on? The run or the pass? If you focus in the run we shred in passing, and vice versa. There I kept it simple. We are not one dimentional so cheat(play run/pass) what ever way and we'll use it to our advantage.
:devil:

whiteLS1
12-11-2006, 08:03 PM
^^^ dont worry it can be done oh wait it was done already this season by illinios did it. troy smith 100 passing wow OUTSTANDING pittman 58yards OUTSTANDING.

im done im not aruguing about ths anymore. im jus stating facts. no one gave florida a chance to even make it. there so now that they are there they can show the world the deserve it.

97blkz
12-11-2006, 08:31 PM
See USC, VANDERBELT etc etc etc.......

You can rest on one off game we can call you on 8 off games.

redline2k
12-11-2006, 08:39 PM
If you focus in the run we shred in passing, and vice versa. There I kept it simple.
:devil:

Oh yeah, we shred in passing too. :thumb:

97blkz
12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh yeah, we shred in passing too. :thumb:

Ohhhh, I though UF had Chris leak??????? :sack:

redline2k
12-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Ohhhh, I though UF had Chris leak??????? :sack:

Leak is the Southeastern Conference's active career leader in wins (22-11), touchdown passes (65), passing yards and completions (663). He is in the top five in every significant career school passing category. By the time this season is over, he will lead in several of them. Yep, he sucks all right.

TimTaylor75
12-11-2006, 09:37 PM
^^^ dont worry it can be done oh wait it was done already this season by illinios did it. troy smith 100 passing wow OUTSTANDING pittman 58yards OUTSTANDING.

im done im not aruguing about ths anymore. im jus stating facts. no one gave florida a chance to even make it. there so now that they are there they can show the world the deserve it.

LOL - yeah, anyone can point out the worst game someone has had, but your RB DeShawn Wynn sure tore up the stat sheets with 630 total yards rushing with a high of 104 yards in 2 games. Oh, wait -2 yards rushing against Arkansas? Pittman's worst game was 48 yards and he still scored a TD. Next.

redline2k
12-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Next.

OSU's offense only averages 11 more yards per game total. I guess having that 1000 yard running back really helped alot.

TimTaylor75
12-11-2006, 09:54 PM
This is going to be a long couple of weeks. :)

97blkz
12-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Leak is the Southeastern Conference's active career leader in wins (22-11), touchdown passes (65), passing yards and completions (663). He is in the top five in every significant career school passing category. By the time this season is over, he will lead in several of them. Yep, he sucks all right.

Only 4 year qb(with decent #'s)for UF also. :judge:

Troy has 30 td's and 5 picks, ratio is a tad better!

Villain281H
12-12-2006, 06:16 AM

Danny Wuerffel ring a bell? He just got passed for the all-time UF pass leader in yardage by Leak at the Arkansas game. I know he didn't do well in the pros, but he did his 4 years and did a damn good job I think.

Derek

97blkz
12-12-2006, 09:26 AM
I could be wrong but did he not start late in the 93 season? Pretty sure but I could be wrong. Leak started all!

Villain281H
12-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I could be wrong but did he not start late in the 93 season? Pretty sure but I could be wrong. Leak started all!

Yes, I believe Danny didn't start every game during his 4 year stay. The senior that was the starter got benched close to halfway through the season due to a disagreement with Spurrier at the time (can't remember his name).
I thought your comment was made against us having a QB staying for all 4 years before leaving early for the NFL (see Rex Grossman as an example), and that's made made me think of Danny.

Okay, back on topic again.....

redline2k
12-12-2006, 12:11 PM

Leaks numbers would be better but I really don't think he is well suited for meyer's spread option bs offense. Just my 2 cents. I think his best year statistcally was under Zook when he was a sophomore

JDJP
12-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Im going to say what I said in SSU (Where a potentially agrumentitive thread like this belongs) When it comes down to it, its just what team YOU LIKE BETTER.

There is no way to tell how these teams will play against each other, they are in different conferences, and they have played none of the same teams.

Stats are stats, they don't tell you how two teams will play.

Arguing about this game is completely pointless.

That being said

GO GATORS!!!!!!

Villain281H
12-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Arguing about this game is completely pointless.

But helps to pass the 3-1/2 weeks before the game! :lol:

KdubFL
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it really sucks that all we Gator fans have to talk about is the National Championship.....geez. We could be talking about the Emerald Bowl like FSU, i'm sooooo jealous of them.

slowmofo
12-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Yeah, it really sucks that all we Gator fans have to talk about is the National Championship.....geez. We could be talking about the Emerald Bowl like FSU, i'm sooooo jealous of them.

We could be Cane fans and happy about going to Boise Idaho, to play Nevada :judge:

97blkz
12-14-2006, 08:57 AM

We could be Cane fans and happy about going to Boise Idaho, to play Nevada

OK these were both funny!