Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor problem need help plzzzzzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 sensor problem need help plzzzzzzzzzz

I don't know what to do my car is runing lean in bank 1 and 2 but the O2 sensor opperate fine at idle but i took the car for a drive on the highway and the sensor was reading that the car had went to open loop mode also i had discounted the sensor after the cats would that affect the car in open tottle do any body know what it could be cause have it it up to here with it
Old 12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

We need some punctuation and a little more detail. Is this what you were trying to say???

Originally Posted by camross998
I don't know what to do. My car is runing lean in bank 1 and 2, but the O2 sensors operate fine at idle. I took the car for a drive on the highway and the scanner was reading that the car went into open loop mode. Also, I had discounted the sensors after the cats. Would they affect the car in open loop? Does anyone know what it could be because I have had it up to here with it
If you're talking about your front O2's and their operation, they control fueling. If they aren't working properly, then the car will go into open loop. The car will also be in open loop if your coolant temps are lower than 92*F or if you're applying enough throttle to trigger PE (power enrichment).
  • Do you have an SES light? Any codes?
  • How do you know it's lean? What are your fuel trims reading?
  • Is there any noticeable effect on the way the car drives?
  • What mods do you have done?
Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

We need mods and codes that may be present. Rear O2 sensors have no affect on performance.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

thank dude but i fixed it I changed the plugs and connect the rear o2 and the check light came off so i see gonna take the car on the highway for the final test i get back to you guys
Old 12-10-2006, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

thank dude but i fixed it I changed the plugs and connect the rear o2 and the check light came off so i see gonna take the car on the highway for the final test i get back to you guys
I hate to be a smart *** but I am going to give you for free......

Some "periods", "camas", and "capitalizations"

SSpdDmn:

So if it goes open loop on front 02 sensor fail can it run dangerously lean or fat???

DH
Old 12-10-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you accidentally unplugged a front O2 sensor when you were trying to unplug the rear. The rear O2 on the passenger side is pretty far back. When you unplug the front one, the car runs like a$$...especially when you try to give it any amount gas...
Old 12-10-2006, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

ok guys i took the car on I95 and after I change the plugs which was way easier then I thought it would be. when I drving the car around my house but i dont get on it hard the car runs fine, but if I floor it and open the TB up then I throw the code saying that Im runing lean I look at th O2 and it said that they was warmup and in open loop mode my fuel trim all read zeros could it just be i got bad O2 sensors or something else oh yea on a lighter note I didn't know this was a language art forum I thoughtt it was a LS1 forum but hey go figure thanks again guys
Old 12-10-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dirty howie
SSpdDmn:

So if it goes open loop on front 02 sensor fail can it run dangerously lean or fat???

DH
Unless you have tuned the car to run that way (in open loop), yes the car can be lean or fat. A minor bolt-ons car might not be in the dangerous zone, but the more a car is modded and still on the factory tune....the greater the danger.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

ok I'm still confused does that mean my O2 sensors are bad or is it another problem and another thing I'm gonna get a hypertech should i fix the problemwith the O2 sensor first before i use the hypertech tuner on the car or is it safe to use it with the car like that
Old 12-11-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

My head hurts...
Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

-yeah
Old 12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

ok I'm still confused does that mean my O2 sensors are bad or is it another problem and another thing I'm gonna get a hypertech should i fix the problemwith the O2 sensor first before i use the hypertech tuner on the car or is it safe to use it with the car like that
Hey I gave you some free "periods" and you didn't use even one in this last post

These guys know a lot and are trying to help you.

I know little compared to them but here is what I do know. You should have your 02's as well as any other mechanical issues working BEFORE you mess with any tuning like Predator.

DH
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

i did some some of the mode you gave
not all cause i did really want to mess with the car for free mods I just know that each time i turn the ses light off for the O2 sensor code the car drive fine at low rmp it when i push the car over 3000 rmp the O2 sensor code comes up so my question is could it just be that i got to bad o2 sensor and the code say it puting out low voltage
Old 12-12-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Camross998,

We're trying very hard to help you, but we can't read your posts; you're right, it's not a language forum, but a few comma's between phrases/ideas will really help us morons figure out what you're trying to tell us; seriously, we're interested in what you have to say, so help us out.

Joe
Old 12-13-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Don't get a hypertech. I love the power it gave me, but for similar $$ amounts, you can get a much better tuner that will practically do the same thing, AND MORE!

It sounds like your O2 is having problems switching banks. Are you getting a FLASHING SES light. If so, you can always just tell it to shut up and then hit your 3rd stage of NOS as your floorboard falls out on the passenger side.

Seriously though, if the car is running like crap, it COULD be a bad O2. It would be nice to know what mods and such you have. I don't have it off the top of my head, but I think it is the bosch rear VETTE O2s work well for our car's front O2s. I think it's because they're less prone to heat changes or something.

And seriously, did you ever attend a 3rd grade english class? They're usually pretty good about teaching kids to use punctuation marks!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

i did some some of the mode you gave
not all cause i did really want to mess with the car for free mods I just know that each time i turn the ses light off for the O2 sensor code the car drive fine at low rmp it when i push the car over 3000 rmp the O2 sensor code comes up so my question is could it just be that i got to bad o2 sensor and the code say it puting out low voltage
plz... plz quit with the combining of sentences and what not.

what all mods do you have done to the car?
Don't get hypertech or any tuning crap till you get your car fixed from this problem.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Man you guys are big on using the rigth english skills on here. Ok well I took the car to my friends house, and he checked the fuel pressure. It was at 30 psi at idle and I forgot what it was at when he rev the car, but it was low. So could it be the fuel pump making it run lean, has for mods the car is stock. I got a flow master muffler, SLP lid K&N air filter, and the TB was ported thats all nothing serious. Oh yea is that good on the punction, but serious thank for trying to help me. One more thing what the most I should pay to get the fuel pump replaced. Both letting someone backyard it and going to a shop. Cause my friend says he backyard it for me for a 100.00.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

idontknowwhyanyonewouldwanttohavecorrectenglishski llsheretounderstandtheissuesbeingdiscussed.
Get a life, dude. We would like to help, but having to decode your grammar lessens your likelihood of getting help.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

$100 to replace the fuel pump isn't a bad deal at all assuming you trust your friend will do a good job without hacking up the car. A shop would probably charge you 2~3 hours labor @ $80/hour. Anything more than that and they're ripping you off IMO. LS1's are supposed to run 58psi all of the time. If you're only seeing 30psi, then there is definitely a fueling issue. Before you go straight to the pump, when's the last time the fuel filter was replaced? If it's severly clogged, that could affect the pressure at the injectors. A $10 fuel filter beats a several hundred dollar fuel pump replacement any day of the week in my book. Whether it's the cause or not, you should still change it if it's been a while.

Fueling & Injection

BTW - This thread might get you more help in the appropriate forum. It's highly unlikely your problem is PCM related - especially with just a lid and blowmaster.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
idontknowwhyanyonewouldwanttohavecorrectenglishski llsheretounderstandtheissuesbeingdiscussed.
Get a life, dude. We would like to help, but having to decode your grammar lessens your likelihood of getting help.
what he said. You know what you want to say and you know how to decipher what YOU said. We don't know what you said and we don't know how to decipher what you meant to say.

depending on how old the car is and how old that fuel filter is, that $10 dollar filter could be your problem. but i would say its the pump or the filter.