Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Factory WS6 Hood??

Old 12-08-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Factory WS6 Hood??

Does the factory WS6 hood have any identifying marks or things about it? I ask because the hood on our 99 WS6 has a sticker inside the scoop when looking from under the hood (as though you were looking from the air filter's point of view) I cant remember the exact name, but It was polywheels or poly----- something sticker in there. Also, should there be insulation on the underside of the hood?...Or a gasket or anything at the opening in the rear of the Ram Air on the hood? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Banned

should be some type of gm part number stamped onto or soemthing of the nature
Old 12-08-2006, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Does the factory WS6 hood have any identifying marks or things about it? I ask because the hood on our 99 WS6 has a sticker inside the scoop when looking from under the hood (as though you were looking from the air filter's point of view) I cant remember the exact name, but It was polywheels or poly----- something sticker in there. Also, should there be insulation on the underside of the hood?...Or a gasket or anything at the opening in the rear of the Ram Air on the hood? Thanks.
For a brief time Polywheels made the GM hoods from what I understand, I remember seeing one in the engineering office there. I tried to get it as a spare, but no go.

They are located in Oakville Ontario and make a number of OEM parts.

Rampant
Old 12-09-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Ok right on. I mean. I KNOW its a WS6, but I was just curious is someone dumped the original hood or not. And its definately Polywheels perf. that is the sticker in there. Thanks guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory WS6 Hood??