Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Mods (CETA, filler, VHT, tips)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Mods (CETA, filler, VHT, tips)

Well, got the CETA done on the rear bumper cover. Also made the filler panel all black and VHT/wetsanded the taillights. The tips are the Corsa tips, but I didn't want them to restrict my 3" true dual exhaust, which I had extended out the back today, so I had them cut down and reworked so they would flow better (the stock inlets were like 2 or 2 1/2"). Let me know what you guys think, and any suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited by Cerebrex; 12-10-2006 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Adding a picture
Old 12-09-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think gloss black would have looked better for the CETA, looks nice though.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

looks good man, did you the bumper and filler panel yourself? All you need now is some stainless steel inserts for the pontiac letters and you good to go.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went with the flat black because a gloss black would look tacky IMO, and there would be less contrast.

Do you really think the PONTIAC inserts would look good? I think they seem a little over the top sometimes.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cerebrex

Do you really think the PONTIAC inserts would look good? I think they seem a little over the top sometimes.
I think they would look great. Here is a pic of a members car(Epic's) and he has stainless inserts on his NBM car, and has done the ceta bumper and polished center panel like yours.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have gone gloss black. The paint is gloss so the CETA should be too. I don't see enough contrast with the matte black, or maybe it's just the pic.

Corsa's FTW though.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blue's_Z28
The paint is gloss so the CETA should be too.
Says who? There's plenty of cars that have the the CETA done the same way.

And to the other poster above, that car looks great. I really like that, but he should lose the license palte frame. I was thinking of getting one, but after seeing that I think I'll pass. Just looks too flashy.

But there's my point. He has the CETA in gloss, and you look at that picture and can't really tell. There's no contrast.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Teching In

I'd have gone gloss black. The paint is gloss so the CETA should be too. I don't see enough contrast with the matte black, or maybe it's just the pic.

Corsa's FTW though.
The flat looks much better than gloss, I dont want to see reflections of the tip and pavement in my bumper.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 12-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good. I like the flat black.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't think I would have gone with flat black. It looks more like it's primered. I think a simi-gloss black would have looked better. Not a full gloss like the rest of the paint but at least a little shine to make it stand out
Old 12-09-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cerebrex
Says who? There's plenty of cars that have the the CETA done the same way.

And to the other poster above, that car looks great. I really like that, but he should lose the license palte frame. I was thinking of getting one, but after seeing that I think I'll pass. Just looks too flashy.

But there's my point. He has the CETA in gloss, and you look at that picture and can't really tell. There's no contrast.
You asked for opinions, I gave you mine. If you like it matte, keep it that way. But don't post up asking for advice and seggestions and reacting negatively to anything in reply to your request.

As for the pic of the gloss CETA, the light isn't the best in that pic either. If the light was better I'd think you'd see the contrast better.

Put it to you this way, the grille on the front of my Z is matte black from the factory whereas the paint is gloss. For a consistency standpoint I'd prefer my grille to be gloss and it will be one day. But that's my humble opinion.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

You asked for opinions, I gave you mine. If you like it matte, keep it that way. But don't post up asking for advice and seggestions and reacting negatively to anything in reply to your request.

As for the pic of the gloss CETA, the light isn't the best in that pic either. If the light was better I'd think you'd see the contrast better.

Put it to you this way, the grille on the front of my Z is matte black from the factory whereas the paint is gloss. For a consistency standpoint I'd prefer my grille to be gloss and it will be one day. But that's my humble opinion.
I definitely do want SUGGESTIONS (nice spelling). I appreciate the opinions posted, however I find yours difficult to take seriously as you've been bickering with me in another thread all day.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Teching In

"The paint is gloss so the CETA should be too."
That's not an opinion, it's a statement that's just not very nice.

My humble honest opinion is that v6 trim stuck on your camaro looks like crap, and the wheels look like chrome starfish.. but I would normally keep that to myself out of respect, and comment nicely on the woman.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C5_C.J.
The flat looks much better than gloss, I dont want to see reflections of the tip and pavement in my bumper.
That's exactly why I did it.
Originally Posted by PontiacFan

Originally Posted by Caspernicus
Looks good. I like the flat black.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I don't think I would have gone with flat black. It looks more like it's primered. I think a simi-gloss black would have looked better. Not a full gloss like the rest of the paint but at least a little shine to make it stand out
It does have a bit of of a primer look to it. Semi-gloss would have looked good too. I just think gloss would detract from its "stand out" look, more than it would add. I think it would just blend into the rest of the car a little too much. It's hard picking a good CETA mod color for an NBM car.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Added the head unit and mount picture to the first post.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Teching In

That car looks badass!!! Where is that head unit and mount from? Did you make it? I think that bumper looks amazing in flat black, and those tips look real cool too. Looks like they could be shined to look even better. Your shift indicator looks unusually bright. There is light coming from the ashtray too. Do anything there?

Your low coolant light is on by the way
Old 12-10-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the compliment. The head unit is an Alpine and I bought the mount from a non-sponsor site. It's really cool, IMO. Yeah those tips are a lot shinier than in the pics. The exhaust guys had their hands all over them (these pictures were taken right after the work), so they weren't in top photo quality. They are triple chrome plated and I bought them from Joshua (Chrome & Performance). The shift indicator had a light out so I thought it was a great time to replace the stock stuff with some red LEDs, and it turned out great. The lights in the door that light up the door controls was also replaced with LEDs, and is now actually visible (can't see it well stock).

The coolant light is on, I know. The sensor is dirty, which is why I unhooked it in the first place (useless light, unless you're a 50 yr. old woman), but a shop hooked it back up recently. Just have to go in and take it out again.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Love the "Trans Am" sign over the HU!!! How you did that????
Leave it flat...looks killer!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks awesome man, leave that bitch like it is.

Quick Reply: New Mods (CETA, filler, VHT, tips)