PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveability issue!! Need advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driveability issue!! Need advice please.

I have a 2000 pontiac Trans Am, 2.73 gears, stock 98k tranny and tc. I also installed a cam 6 months ago. For the past 2 weeks, my check engine light has been flashing and i guess it was for my random multiple misfire code because i am not receiving any transmission codes. Here's the problem: My gas mileage sucks and vehicle is not going into overdrive. I have heard that since the pcm is reading random mult mis. it will not shift to overdrive. I wonder if torquemanagement comes into play when it tries to retard the timing when shifting and maybe when it is trying to pressurize the solenoid and kick it into overdrive the pcm is overriding because the random multiple misfire. Guys, I am stuck and i dont want to do cost "fixes" and them not solve the issue. I replace the wires but it was still acting the same before and after. now the random misfire seems more prevelant i guess because it easier to read since i actually have good wires on the car. I just wanted to see if I should look into tuning to help or if its transmission. please help me!
Old 12-14-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like good info to me.

My engine misfired a while ago but it's because my bro-in-law simulated a front O2 instead of the rear O2. Man, the car really ran like crap once the exhaust temp got hot enough for the PCM to realize the front O2 wasn't there

That really sucked for about a week because I could not figure out what had gone wrong until I got on here, then climbed under the car myself to see the mistake he made. Hopefully that didn't jack up anything on my car...?