LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

off road y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default off road y pipe

Does a off road y pipe really make a big diffrence in the way your car sounds..i have magnaflow on it and its kinda quiet so i was wantin to make it alil louder...so would a y pipe make a big diffrence or not really..?
Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

yes when you get rid cats it sounds totally different. I can tell a car has cats on it just by listening to it. No matter what exhaust is on a car. Even hi-flo cats. If your in an area that doesnt have emissions I would get an off road y pipe big sound difference. A cat is almost like a muffler in a way. If you disconnect your exhaust behind the cat and crank up the car and listen to it then disconnect the cat and crank up the car totally differnt sound.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Resident

what he said. I got my car with a gutted cat and GOOD flowmaster catback on it. It had the 30 series 1-in-1-out with the angle cut single pipe out the back driver side. Now people looked at it and laughed but when it fired up they all shut up because it sounded AMAZING. Wish i still had it.....car is too damn loud now
Old 12-11-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No cat here, running bbk shorties and y pipe, through a 3" catback flowmaster. Car is decently loud with no cat.
I remember when I did just a catback at first and though damn this thing is still way too quiet. I had just got out of my 83 with headers, no cats, dual holley afterburner mufflers. The 94 still isn't loud enough.

Quick Reply: off road y pipe