Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Big Thanks to Ellis

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big Thanks to Ellis

Short of the long is I needed help in a hurry. Tom was full up and wouldnt be able to get to it for a bit. Ellis came all the way down from Monroe and picked up my car and brought it back to his shop .
Needless to say he resolved all the issues causing me to lose some serious sleep and put my mind at ease with my car. Big thanks goes out to the man, he really helped me out.

Took my kid to school in it today for the first time ever.(only because my wagon is still at my friends house) On the way there I looked back at him and all I saw was the biggest smile. "you like riding in daddys car " I asked Oh ya!! he says ...

I guess I'm gonna have to raise the for sale price.

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 12-11-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on getting your car fixed, Ellis is top notch as a person and a mechanic/car fixer-upper guy.

Why are you selling and is that price in your sig for real?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Banned

If I can get that price it'll be sold in a heart beat. But the price tells you how serious I am about selling. I have it on craigslist at 35k and had two emails on it. It wont sell and I'k ok with that

wait til the dyno numbers come out, it'll prolly go up to 42k
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
If I can get that price it'll be sold in a heart beat. But the price tells you how serious I am about selling. I have it on craigslist at 35k and had two emails on it. It wont sell and I'k ok with that

wait til the dyno numbers come out, it'll prolly go up to 42k
Good luck with that then........kbb says 15k retail is top dollar, so even adddng in all the extra work you have done & new parts you have added, that seems a tad high. If you get that much for it, let me have their number to see if they have an equally wealthy cousin who wants to buy my car for 30k.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

The whole idea is if I get that price its a no brainer to sell. IF I really wanted to sell my car I'd price it to sell. But for money purposes. The engine alone is in the $7500 range. It will redline at 8000 rpms all day long. GM hi performance say's 8500rpms. And thats just the engine. The only thing on the car that is stock anymore is the interior. Its not going to have a book value that you can quote.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
The whole idea is if I get that price its a no brainer to sell. IF I really wanted to sell my car I'd price it to sell. But for money purposes. The engine alone is in the $7500 range. It will redline at 8000 rpms all day long. GM hi performance say's 8500rpms. And thats just the engine. The only thing on the car that is stock anymore is the interior. Its not going to have a book value that you can quote.
Dude, the kbb thing was said jokingly, hence the winks and smiles.

I don't understand avertising it if you don't wanna sell, but that is your deal so no worries.

Quick Reply: Big Thanks to Ellis