Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing after cam install??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missing after cam install??

My car started running like *** today, I installed the TSP 233/239 three nights ago. The plugs are pretty much new, I installed them new when I put on my long tubes 3-4 weeks ago. I am hoping the plugs are fouled..

The car is missing at idle and it sputters and vibrates at any RPM, backfiring more and more with each little bit I push down the pedal. Anyone ever experience this? I also installed MSD 8.5mm plug wires with the cam.. I am starting with changing out the plugs, any other suggestions?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

by the way I need to get this figured out before tomorrow because i'm driving 4 hours to Texas Speed & Performance tomorrow for a dyno tune.. if they are fouled, do you think it will affect my tune at all after driving on these new plugs for 4 hours on the highway(as opposed to having new plugs on the dyno)? I can't drive the thing up there like this, it doesnt feel like its good for the car and it would probably die on me...
Old 12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you tune it?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

After I put in my LT's i found out I had cracked a plug and the extensions to the 02's had melted to the header.... Not a good day since I was traveling back to San Antonio from Biloxi. I got stuck in Lake Charles, LA.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

did you check the wires, common to not get them on all the way.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

has to be something simple like plugs or wires if it ran good before.....its common to foul them out when running so rich.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

This is probably due to you not having your car tuned for the new cam. It's a pretty healthy cam, so I'd get it tuned soon. I guess you could drive your car up to where you're getting it tuned and change the plugs while you're there.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Well we changed the plugs and the passenger side plugs were all carboned/black and the driver side looked normal. We checked wiring to the coil packs and main coil pack harness, checked O2 extensions. All look fine, I reset the PCM, haven't started it yet but we are gonna go try it out. Checked fuses just in case, nothing blown. Only thing we found was a vacuum line was pretty much disconnected to the throttle body on the passenger side and it runs behind the engine, hooked it back up and zip tied it on. We are gonna change the o2 sensor on that side also cause it is bent slightly from the header install. Will post up results tomorrow after dyno tune.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did changing plugs fix problem enough for you to drive to get tuned. EXACT SAME PROBLEM HERE!!!!!!! I'm thinking i may have broke a plug or crappy wires, so i bought new plugs and MSD Wires today, gonna put them on, but not getting tune for a couple weeks atleast and Torrquer 2 cam, so almost exact same cam, and problems. Let me know, pleasse. Am very curious

Quick Reply: Missing after cam install??