Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

I Guess Ive Been Played "LongRange4U" -RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Guess Ive Been Played "LongRange4U" -RESOLVED

paid 300 bux for a "2k mile used clutch and flywheel" from "longrange4u".
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/618081-fs-ram-hd-clutch-flywheel.html

how do you eat up a pad that unevenly in 2k miles?

how do you get hotspots and grooves in the flywheel with only 2k miles? i like how the picture you posted of the flywheel was of the motor side that has no contact and is still clean.

now this is what really egged this thread on. the condition of the psi plate is just rediculous.

drives great? yea i doubt it

maybe if you where doing 6k launches for that whole 2k miles then ok. something like that you should mention isntead of taking pictures of areas that dont matter. i suppose thats partially my fault as well for not maknig you take more pictures, but feedback was already slow enough.

now for the time and money involved in restoring this **** i could have bought new parts. thanks for the new setback man, that'll make 4 fucked over transactions in the last 2 weeks

Last edited by datboibrad; 12-12-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WTF!? didnt you ask for pics? That is ******* retarded, I would make him eat his own dick.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

looked good in the pics he did post, just didnt arrive nearly as clean.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

maybe ups use it for a bit
Old 12-13-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shaarky
maybe ups use it for a bit
wouldnt shock me any. UPS is by far the worst company ive ever delt with. ive yet to have a smooth transaction with anybody that has used UPS when sending me things. be it issues with the seller or just UPS in general.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 AM
9 Second Club

Im sure he will give you your $ back. Thats clutch is burnt and the hot spots are from running it hard. Do not install it Ive talked to LongRange4U and he seemed like a nice guy. Im sure he will take care of this. Good luck.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:57 AM
TECH Veteran

dOriginal pictures aren't showing up in the for sale thread - unless you saved them there is no way to know what was posted.

I would also say that a week is not "slow" for responding considering inital post to sale. More often than not it can take months from post to sale.
The thing that would have had my pm box filling up from responses to inquires would have been this in the sig line:
"Old Setup:
506 RWHP / 623 FPTQ (60 Trim)
607 RWHP / 624 FPTQ (67 Trim)
... Best time 11.01 on ET Streets"

No offense to the seller but if my car could spit 600+rwhp - it would be in the 10's consistently no sweat. So at that point I have to wonder two things: did the seller not really know how worn that was for the price and have they figured some driving mods should be in order as soon as the new build is done.

Yes, the clutch and flywheel are burnt to crispy. Worth $300? Nope. Asking more questions and pictures? Pretty much said it would have avoided this issue. I hope the seller takes them back - if you paid by PayPal then start with a phone call if you have the number and see what can be worked out.

My true guess is the seller had nothing to go on for asking price except "what sounds good....".
Old 12-13-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

pretty much. im going to take the peices down to my local rebuilder. if i can get them redone for like 50-60 bux then **** it, i dont have time for the long drawn out bullshit involved with the "possibility" of getting my money back. around this time of the year people just slow down or just plain stop doing anything so it will be well into probly the end of january before anything is ever resolved. so we shall see.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GEARHED
No offense to the seller but if my car could spit 600+rwhp - it would be in the 10's consistently no sweat. So at that point I have to wonder two things: did the seller not really know how worn that was for the price and have they figured some driving mods should be in order as soon as the new build is done.
Amy, he's an STS rear mount turbo setup. They dyno well, but (IMO) aren't great track performers. Most of those guys don't set up their cars for drag racing anyway.

That clutch does show a lot of wear. He probably had no idea how worn it was when he sold it.

New price is in the $600-$700 range when you include the flywheel - closer to $800 if it's the full VDS (with the studs and shims).

I'd bet it works fine. Would I pay $300 for it? No. Would I pay "something" for it and run it? Yes. I sold my used clutch (Cartek with stock flywheel) for $100. It didn't look much better than that. It's still running fine.

So I'm sure there's a compromise "somewhere" to be had.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

hey man if your going to PM me you dont have to be so defensive. the pictures speak for themselves.

Originally Posted by longrange4u
If you had issue with the clutch and flywheel you should have said something before leaving just some BS negative feedback. But thats cool.... I had my mechanic look at it (one of the sponsors) and he felt that it was in very good condition (I dont know enough about them to tell) and specifically spoke very well of the condition of the flywheel...

If you had issues with it you should have been an adult about it and contacted me. I would have had you return it to me at my cost or worked out some other kind of deal... but sense you want to be a child about it. I am not inclined to do so...
and like i said. im not sure what crackhead mechanic/machinist you had look at it but something was definately wrong with them. any idiot can tell that any surface made to grip and hold much like brake pads and rotors needs a smooth and consistant surface. also why intentially post pics of a perfect side of the flywheel THAT ISNT EVEN USED, then mysteriously the pictures are gone. i can sit here and argue this all day but im not. the point of this thread is just to show that you are not an honest seller, period. so you can play the grown up vs child routine all you want, ive been there done that. fact of the matter is the **** isnt nearly in the condition agreed upon and is now setting me back.

also if your going to leave me negative feedback, lets try to atleast not be so vauge about it.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Amy, he's an STS rear mount turbo setup. They dyno well, but (IMO) aren't great track performers. Most of those guys don't set up their cars for drag racing anyway.

That clutch does show a lot of wear. He probably had no idea how worn it was when he sold it.

New price is in the $600-$700 range when you include the flywheel - closer to $800 if it's the full VDS (with the studs and shims).

I'd bet it works fine. Would I pay $300 for it? No. Would I pay "something" for it and run it? Yes. I sold my used clutch (Cartek with stock flywheel) for $100. It didn't look much better than that. It's still running fine.

its not a VDS unless he misslisted it. its a Ram HD and Billet Steel flywheel.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Hope you get everything figured out brad....
Old 12-13-2006, 11:17 AM
9 Second Club

Ok.. Wow didnt even think to look in here. But after I got up this morning to negative feedback and not even a PM or message telling me that you were unhappy with the condition then I am not supprised.

As I said in my PM to you.. you posting up in here, then giving negitive feedback without even contacting me is childish crap. Its not the way adults conduct buisness.... I did have my mechanic look at it and he did say it was in good shape for having 2k miles on it (not like I was driving a yugo).

Now if you want to grow up and attempt to be civil then we can discuss fixing the problem. You paid for the shipping in the price as we agreed... send them back to me and I will refund you your money. I am not into this to screw anyone... I really am not interested in screwing anyone over a lousy 300$. If you want to keep them and talk partial refund then I am game for that too...

But grow up and get it out of the forums... PM me or Call me.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Im sure he will give you your $ back. Thats clutch is burnt and the hot spots are from running it hard. Do not install it Ive talked to LongRange4U and he seemed like a nice guy. Im sure he will take care of this. Good luck.
Thanks brother for the kind words... Playing people is not my game.

Originally Posted by GEARHED
dOriginal pictures aren't showing up in the for sale thread - unless you saved them there is no way to know what was posted.

I would also say that a week is not "slow" for responding considering inital post to sale. More often than not it can take months from post to sale.
The thing that would have had my pm box filling up from responses to inquires would have been this in the sig line:
"Old Setup:
506 RWHP / 623 FPTQ (60 Trim)
607 RWHP / 624 FPTQ (67 Trim)
... Best time 11.01 on ET Streets"

Yes, the clutch and flywheel are burnt to crispy. Worth $300? Nope. Asking more questions and pictures? Pretty much said it would have avoided this issue. I hope the seller takes them back - if you paid by PayPal then start with a phone call if you have the number and see what can be worked out.

My true guess is the seller had nothing to go on for asking price except "what sounds good....".
Wise words... It's not like I was driving a 40RWHP Yugo. As for my times... Yea I could only run 11.1's and 11.2's consistantly. And yea all I am trying to do is recoup some cash... not screw anyone. And your last statement... "My true guess is the seller had nothing to go on for asking price except "what sounds good...."" Is dead on... I am not ashamed of admiting that. I got what I estimated it was worth out of it. Maybe I was wrong.

The sound of reason
Old 12-13-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

the clutch is toasted, no two ways about it. ill be taking it down to my local rebuilder and get his word on it and what it would cost to bring it back to life. i dont have time to ship anything back and wait around on you again. everytime i sent you a PM i would get a response a day later, although you posted on this forum several times between. i can relate that you having more important things to do and discuss if you want to resolve this the easy way id suggest refund half of what it would cost for me to get this stuff fixed which i would guesstimate on past work roughly 40 bux. ill know here shortly.

and please stop with the "childesh, grow up" lingo. this is business not highschool.

Last edited by datboibrad; 12-13-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
9 Second Club

I didnt have any intent of defrauding you or waisting your time. When you would send several messages a day, and I hadnt had a chance to go send it out yet, did it really matter that I told you I hadnt had a chance once a day or two or three times a day?

Please let me know what it costs to fix the clutch to your satisfaction... if 40$ will make you feel better about the deal then fine.... why dont we just say 50$? Will that be better?
Old 12-13-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Veteran

That is pretty much how I was looking at it, tough call when any part is used but I don't think the seller really knew what to ask.

"its not a VDS unless he misslisted it. its a Ram HD and Billet Steel flywheel."

It may have been worth a couple of pm or emails to make sure it was VDS if that is what you were looking for - I ended up with a harness for an Auto when in email, I specifically said it was going on a Manual .
The seller really didn't read it close enough, refunded and took it back.

That seems to be happening here as well which means name calling can stop, only post if the return/refund takes longer than two weeks (see "Holiday Shipping" sticky in Sponsor feedback on that).
Old 12-13-2006, 01:50 PM
9 Second Club

Never said it was a VDS.. it is only the RAM HD with the Billet Flywheel. But yea I agree with you... I am no clutch guru and tried to be upfront. I shipped within a week and was in constant (daily) communiaction. The buyer had been burned by other sellers so I can understand why he is so edgy about getting burned again... that was in NO way my intent however.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by longrange4u
Never said it was a VDS.. it is only the RAM HD with the Billet Flywheel. But yea I agree with you... I am no clutch guru and tried to be upfront. I shipped within a week and was in constant (daily) communiaction. The buyer had been burned by other sellers so I can understand why he is so edgy about getting burned again... that was in NO way my intent however.
it was never understood to be a VDS and was correctly listed as a HD and fly. ill admit to being overly aggitated due to other screwed up deals from other sellers but i just dont understand how you didnt notice how bad the clutch was before shipping it. there is no way you could possibly just look at it and not think something was wrong. ill give you the benefit of the doubt since you claim to not beable to tell, but the mechanic surely would have noticed assuming he had half a brain. i havent received a qoute from the clutch shop yet but if 50 is fine with you its fine with me.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:24 PM
9 Second Club

Money has been sent... Sorry for the confusion. Please give the seller a chance to respond one on one before you go public with it.

Quick Reply: I Guess Ive Been Played "LongRange4U" -RESOLVED